What remote should I buy?

Just got my Benchwheel remote in yesterday and hooked it up. Just one quick ride so far down the street, but so far it seems to work great. No drop outs and feels good in the hand. Having the finger ring makes it feel pretty secure too. Set up was a breeze. Just plug and play.

2 Likes

I have 2 benchwheel remotes. I went to switch one to low power mode and it quit responding…

That’s odd,Haven’t had such issues myself … Have you checked your vesc to see if it’s still communicating? Or tried rebinding it?

low power mode?

Board works fine with another remote. I think i fried the receiver when I put it into low power mode

The function where it cuts the power down to nothing. I was riding it around on the dance floor at our local dive bar the other night.

1 Like

Are you talking about a function of your ESC? or the remote? I’m not away of a low power mode for the receiver/remote.

:joy: hahahahahhaha

1 Like

On the remote, if you push the red button within a few seconds of turning it on it goes into low power mode.

oh you mean half throttle mode. I thought you were talking about an energy saving mode or something lol. It only limits the throttle to 50%, it shouldn’t fry anything.

Well, I put it into half throttle mode, and now it wont respond at all. I will not be using half throttle mode on my other remote.

I have noticed that my reciever gets quite hot, I touched it a couple times when binding. If it’s heatshrinked then perhaps the heat was insulated and it overheated?

I was in the bar for a while before I put into low power mode so it was nice and cool… I cut the heatshrink off and everything looks good. I am wondering if I unbound it or something?

Do you sell them?

No, I ordered one from there

Don’t get the mini remote if you use a car esc. It limits top speed even at the best trim value possibly.

The benchwheel one has a sale coming soon. 40$ per piece :smiley:

This is the one I have. It’s been absolutely flawless in every way! :sunglasses:

It’s only flawless if your run through a vesc. It limits your top speed on esc.

To be clear, by flawless I meant that I’ve had zero issues with it losing connection with the ESC or anything related. The trim dials are accurate and it feels great in your hand. I’ve not used it with a VESC (only a Hobbywing Quicrun 150A ESC) so I can’t comment in that respect.