What protective gear do you use excluding the helmet?

Motonosity has that on youtube it’s cool

1 Like

@Deckoz hell ya man!

I wear (in addition to TSG Pass):

S9 elbow pads S9 knee pads Wrist guards

Always. Even if I’m just derping around. Even on “tests.” Even when it’s not a “serious ride”

2 Likes

I wear a skateboard helmet a ski mask(Most people hate me because of this) because my ears get cold and before I ride I pray that I don’t fall and get scrapped up.

I personally wear a motorcycle jacket, bike helmet and mechanix mpact gloves. I’ve taken a few spills at speed (~18-20mph), tucked and roll but the motorcycle jacket have proved its worth. saved my shoulder and elbows, I was able to jump up right away and keep skating.

not too different…

• TSG Pass
  • Mace Armored Mountain bike gloves / TSG Worker
  • Dainese Soft Skins Elbow or Alpinestars Bionic Jacket 2 MX Motocross with spine for speed runs
  • TSG Riot Shin Pad Socks
  • TSG DHP
  • Triple 8 T8 Bum Saver Shorts
2 Likes

20 minutes later.

Just saying. Time for a new Pass…

4 Likes

when that happen man

Gloves and sunglasses. My eyes are just filled with dust and so are my fingernails after a long run. :unamused:

To much brakes introduced the warbles lol. More specifically I forgot to set to a reasonable battery regen value… Lol -50 per esc… Oops meant -15 lol. all the stopping power.

Are tsg helmets a one use item?

All helmets are a one use item. While my pass has minor scratches. I high sided in the 25-35mph range and smacked it pretty good. I wouldn’t wear it again.

3 Likes

Ahh ok, I thought it was just minor scratches

TSG might have a trade-in thing where you can return it for a new one

Why would they do that lol so they can pay to bin it?:joy:

What’s your opinion on shoulder pads?

Lol after yesterday… I want one lol… The high side landing on my shoulder blade/spine protector overstretched my upper bicep tendon, coracohumeral ligament, and have a swollen subdeltoid bursa from being smooshed against the acromion . Impact was to the rear of the body but overstretched these on its way to a dislocated shoulder pushing out the front.

I’m actually trying to find a shoulder pad now. That can be worn under a kevlar shirt…for my leading shoulder as this is the 3rd time I’ve injured it. Lol

Damn lol…after seeing the amount of shoulder injuries from MTB and MX, I started wondering if it was a good idea to do it for esk8 too…that answers the question.

Though…some recommended hard plastic protectors too, so during an accident you can slide a bit. Not sure how viable this is though for shoulder and back protectors.

1 Like

‘Definitely not’ stalking this thread because atm all I wear is a cheap skate helmet because im cheap.

Well I slid about 40ft lol.

But yea I was looking at possibly switching the upper body to a Leatt 5.5 Body protector. As it is polymer dough padding with hard shells… Ce lvl2 chest back shoulders. And ce1 arms.

Under a fresh kevlar shirt. Although I’d like a little more rear shouler (Teres minor and major and Lat coverage) on my lead shouler

1 Like

Hot damn 40 feet! Yeesh man at least minimal road rash right? At least you’re walking and standing tall for another day!

Motorcyclists were talking about how people said they looked weird with all that safety gear they wear…but their response usually is that it’s a small price to pay for being able to ride another day. They even recommended hip protectors, because of road rash and an impact to the hip can cause damage to the spine.

And I just realized…that rhymed lol.

1 Like