What is up with Abec11?!

Maybe I should just go with Boa. They are only 100mm :frowning: but at least they have a fricken email address that I can actually reach! I just can’t believe that a there is a longboard wheel company that I can’t buy longboard wheels from…

Maybe a few years from now I will be able to have the funds to pour my own wheels. Fingers crossed guys!

1 Like

One thing I think to make a note of is the wider the wheel on a center set wheel the more some adapters wont work like Jlabs press on adapter wouldnt fit because the core would be 2 deep into the urethane. To fix it the hub could be offest or side set. I kind of like side set wheels.

Center set wheels are flipable which is nice when they cone. Surely a metal pulley could be designed that would work

1 Like

@Hummie your on to something I tell ya no more then 90 max and go fatt and center to flip the wheels . if your a dh rider you don’t want all the weight guys. And @chuttney1 that there is the real answer there talk to actual down hill rippers and see what they say … I know lots some are professional riders and they laugh at me all the time …two different leagues… the main issue is ppl try to redesign the wheel in istead of using the top notch equipment that’s been around for so long they tend to try and make something new. Let just make the eskate gear fit the top quality DH skatboarding gear instead of trying to build stuff that’s been around for so long

1 Like

I mean you can , you just have to look:

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/wheels/72661/107mm-abec-11-superfly-flywheels-longboard-skateboard-wheels

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/wheels/2166/97mm-abec-11-flywheels-wheels

My point was I want to buy manufacturer direct. I need 12 sets and I’d like a little better price than $140. I love Muirskate, but they are a retailer and I am buying enough quantity that I should not be paying retail price. @Jc06505n

1 Like

I can only speak for myself here but my personal ship is already sailing off into the sunset. He’s just not a reliable chap from my viewpoint.

There is a perfect storm that you are not aware of.

I spoke at length to Chris and I am willing to broker a special deal for wheels if we can reach an agreement on a minimum of 300 of the same wheel (75 sets of 4) so I need a commitment on what wheel you want. Please discuss here and settle on ONE WHEEL that we can accumulate at least 75 sets and I will give you a price before we purchase. Shipping to you of course will be an additional cost. If interest is high enough we can do additional wheels as long as your needs add up to 75 sets of the same wheel, color and compound.

From the poll above Black 107’'s?

IMG_3401

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I was going to say black 107s. I’d be in for a set. Only 296 more to go… Almost there. :grinning:

I hope you understand Brad that my comments are not meant to be disrespectful, simply the way it is right now.

1 Like

I fully understand and your comment was not taken that way

1 Like

So you’re effectively starting a group buy for 107 superflys? I’d say that definitely warrants a fresh thread to keep things clear. Also some indication of lead time from Chris would be appreciated.

I’m in the eu, how would international shipping work?

1 Like

And then we’re at the mercy of the missing man and we are just customers again though. We want to own the molds folks. I believe Chris would be doing a “prototype production” and we wouldn’t have anything at the end and instead he would have the molds. No? How much I’m curious. We’re adding middlemen.

1 Like

I would like to get close before we conduct a group buy so I can establish pricing before we launch another thread. International shipping is simply USPS going ratte

I’m down for black 107s…or the wider 97mm that were hinted

2 Likes

Oo maybe I’m in the wrong thread.

There’s another thread trying to build momentum for a group buy of the molds and then we’d have control of production and wholesale costs. Are we not men! Are we content to sit at the abec trough! Grab you penises and pull them high gents and be counted as more

2 Likes

I think hummie is right. If we can get those numbers together we simply don’t need Chris anymore and future wheels would be less expensive. Logic says diy

7 Likes

Way less expensive. And we can pool enough people here for sure. How cool would that be…we own a wheel completely communally. But I’ll go back to that thread with the goal

4 Likes

I do not feel the missing man will be missing forever, however the wheel production facility is moving to Texas and even if ABEC-11 disappeared completely, the production facility will still have the core design and molds to produce wheels and they will want to use them. Since many drive systems are engineered around the ABEC-11 core, I imagine people here want that to remain correct? If the driving force here is to make a community wheel company than that can be done also bu it will take much more time, effort and coordination among all of you that are interested.

1 Like