What is up with Abec11?!

Watching intently lol

Still need to buy some god damn popcorn tho

1 Like

@Hummie we’re up to $8000 now :wink: as long as its a 170mm marshmallow wheel with a keagle core

4 Likes

Its possible!

2 Likes

Anyone remember that labeda group buy? Think there was like 80 people who would have bought those wheels at group buy price of $40

1 Like

They pour the tire for the hub

Grey.

But I think 91 would be max I’d want with the hubs Talk later. 91? But very long smoothens

2 Likes

Like I say PM me. Collect your thoughts and send it over and we can have a chat.

I am currently in Asia this week so times are funny but live in the UK - which could be great for distribution, one person in the US and one person in the EU (just!)

2 Likes

Imo I’ve ridden 90mm wheels over some bad terrain and that’s the minimum size for me I prefer bigger but I can ride 90s all day.

1 Like

Yeah that one has seemed to have died I would love to get it to go through

Why not do a group buy of a 100mm or 107mm either the flywheel or kegel core and change the urethane formula and duro. I would suggest picking @Alphamail brain because out of all the members here he knows the most about different duro of thane.

2 Likes

I’ll go under 100mm for a extra wide wheel. But id like 95-97mm.

I’ll find the details. The cost. For me though I’d want the smaller wheel n maybe we can compromise at 92mm diameter! Honestly the long wheel is a great smoother of the ride. My motivation is to get a regular wheel to pair w the motors I sell and not be stuck relying on expensive abec. A larger wheel is more work for the hub motor. Can do a lower kv winding but still more ideal short n long for efficiency

1 Like

Maybe @Alphamail could even do the first specific wheel for esk8. Like he did the tunnel riser. He gathered opinions, made a prototype and then simply made the riser. And we didn’t have to wait for 1 year.

5 Likes

with money in hand it would be about 6-8 weeks.

Aend does the best Pu and I can’t go backwards! I think it’s one of the few things that is actually the best in the world made in USA still. There’s not much info needed from experts really though. Choose a shape, color, and duro and we’re off.

But look forward to what he says and what he thinks of aend. @Alphamail

1 Like

Guys open a new thread, and let’s make this happen.

1 Like

Good morning all, we started out as a wheel company and quickly realized we could vastly increase our chances of success by making bushings. This is our first wheel test 8 years ago (two part aluminum hub with a urethane “tire”) when Max Meyers was still going to UCSB so before he was in the skate industry with Arbor, Caliber and Prism). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ZwRn0EN_w

We have strategically stayed away for several reasons. What I can do is talk to Chris to see what can be done, hopefully the ship has not already sailed.

Can someone summarize what is wanted?

6 Likes

Right now everyone wants wheels but no one is really agreeing on size , duro, etc.

1 Like

part of why we did not go into the wheel business

4 Likes

I have been talking to Hummie via PM and he has motivations for a specific wheel size.

What I need to determine is what the community want as really, this is what’s going to drive sales

Poll here

1 Like

You should branch out into the regular longboarders community to get a good set of responses instead of just the community here. Sample size here will not reflect the general population of longboarders from a statistical view.

1 Like

It’s a start mate