What is up with Abec11?!

Nothing would change as far as the DNS records, you can’t really force an early expiration if your company folds. It will just sit idle and expire on its own in due time, unless you sell the domain

That doesn’t make any sense. Anyone whose ever ridden genuine abecs vs clones will tell you theres no comparison between the two. Abecs urethane formula is what makes their wheels, not the hubs.

Complaining about the chinese copying the hubs is pointless, doubt something so simple as wheel hubs could be patented. And I highly doubt abec designed those hubs with esk8 in mind, more like a fortunate circumstance that esk8 companies needed a wheel that they could fit a pulley through.

I’ve been keeping an eye on flywheels online for the past 2 months now, and they’ve been sold out at major shops like daddies, nordboard, and now muirskate. So theres clearly a demand, even in the face of these chinese copies. Maybe if abec11 actually stocked product…

2 Likes

What is the difference?

I ordered 97mm clones because i couldn’t get the originals. Might get the evolve 107mms to compare.

They look great and feel ok… though smell a little like gasoline :slight_smile:

I have the clones as well. They just feel hard. Like you squeeze the side and nothing happens… like a rock.

1 Like

Man this is like some comic book shit, like when everybody lost the formula to Captain America’s indestructible shield… all I can say is that I hope ABEC11 is doing well or, at the very worst, pass on the formula to an entrusted entity.

2 Likes

Credit Card on file with server company expired … should be up shortly …

43 Likes

christ man, you gave us all a heart attack!

7 Likes

whew, so I can take my spare set of wheel out of the safe now?

10 Likes

Will you guys directly ship 107mm flywheels? Or is there some kind of exclusivity deal that you can or cannot confirm?

Wew awesome news!

@evolve: youre welcome for accidentally boosting your abecs sales by causing a little panic!

1 Like

I call that a good marketing. Panicked and bought the wheels yesterday :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep; panicked and got an extra set of F1 yesterday even though I like my SuperFly much, much, much, much better. Yeah, the only difference is just color

So I got to ask are you shipping the BKB version of the Jet Spud 29" tomorrow or will there be a delay? I guess I know now why details are sketch. But again I just don’t mind waiting as long as I know the when they will ship with some specificity… I just don’t want this to be a kickstarter situation :slight_smile:

Called it.

4 Likes

So they say. If they start shipping wheels. If wheels don’t start shipping, then it’s turned into a scam operation. Wait until that happens before doing any group buys. There is a current group buy open already that hasn’t shipped yet. Please wait until that ships then we can do another, AFTER that one ships.

edit: 2017dec07: tracking numbers just went out, they are shipping wheels again

They are obviously shipping to Evolve and have been shipping stuff for a long time. I don’t believe you turn into scam after a while or just because you are short on money. Scammers usually go out of business pretty quick, Abec11 has probably gone thought a lot of tough times and they have never turned to scamming and probably never will. There is such a thing as reputation.

All I’m saying is until the 22 sets of wheels I personally know are already preordered (plus who-knows-how-many SuperFly I personally don’t know about) and overdue 2 months, until those 22 sets ship, I cannot take part in any group buy from ABEC11 because right now their ACTIONS are: take money, don’t ship product, and be hard to get ahold of.

edit: 2017dec07: these shipped a couple months late, but did ship

I’ll send an email out tonight with more details to all of those who have pre orders. I’m supposed to hear back tonight in the status of the Boards.

1 Like

I just want to say that I just bought your 97 mm wheels and they are more than awesome, best wheels that I ever had by miles. There are so much comfortable, it seems that you are gliding. I’m astonished.

1 Like

Bumping an old thread I know, but what is the deal with ABEC11 now? Nearly a year later and still no website. I want to order multiple sets directly from ABEC11 for an eSkate club at my university and a possible business, but I can’t even find an email address.

I WANT YOUR WHEELS MANUFACTURER DIRECT!

3 Likes