What is the downside of single 18650 cells with high (higher) Ah?

Without a doubt. I can handle most of the individual components with tools I have it can use at work. He’ll, I used a pre-WW2 Handdle Dibetail lathe to size some barrel nuts the other day. I’m just not willing to spend $200 bucks for a spot welder that I’ll use 3 times in 3 years. If I was gonna sell batteries sure, but I barely have time to skate as it is.

I actually figured the cost of my current daily driver if I made everything other than deck, trucks, wheels, bearings, nuts and bolts, motors, VESC’s, wire, etc. assuming NO tool cost and it was surprising… wait for it. …Savings Total of $184.50.

it would have been a week worth of work though, so not really value for time in my case.

I’ve honestly never heard of anyone doing that, although I assumed you could. Having built a lipo pack with BMS the architecture of the total pack is very similar.[quote=“PXSS, post:35, topic:17296”] she’s also the reason all my hobbies have come to a stall lately hahaha. [/quote]

That I can dig. I have a 12 year old Jack Russell (said “miniature T-Rex”). He takes some management to say the least.

Our lathe at work must be at least as old as I am lol. Thank god for CNC milling machines!

We do that at work all the time! I have built up to 10S10P packs for some of our UAVs and we charge them in under 2 hours with a 600W RC charger. That’s also what I’ve been doing with my girlfriends setup while I wait for stuff from China. I’m sure I’m not the first one to think of it!

I’m also just going to link this here for you and let you think of the possibilities :wink: http://www.progressiverc.com/isdt-sc-608.html I considered integrating that into my board when I was thinking about wiring my Liion Pack as 6S.

Damn, that is niiiiiiice. If it would charge 10s I’d order 2 right now.

I know!!!

I’d be wary of a site claiming to ship from the US at $4.33/cell. If the dudes on endless sphere say it’s legit though, they’d probably know better than me. The other major downside to lithium ion cells is that there’s a huge number of counterfeits and even reputable resellers like liionwholesale and illumn have received big batches of fake cells that were physically indistinguishable from the real cells. Only an analysis of charge/discharge characteristics when compared with a legitimate cells revealed them to be fakes.

That little charger is very cool. I like that it has a fan so it’s probably actually capable of real balancing unlike the BMS. BMS is ok for balancing brand new cells that are all nearly identical and thus require very little balancing, but the amount of drain it’s capable of applying is pretty pathetic.

I usually ask for Liionwholesale to provide a batch analysis report with the cells I purchase. They test a few out of the whole batch. I have not had any issues with fakes from them after buying over 1000 cells. I personally checked the first 700ish and then I kinda stopped.

Some of you should check (@mmaner especially):

https://ru.nkon.nl/checkout/cart/configure/id/1452182/

Total is ~98 Eur, that comes close to 105 USD or so…

So 3,5$ a piece…

[EDIT] Im not entirely sure whenever this is a glitch or not… but I assume you could ‘‘legally order’’ as long as they havent changed anything on their page and you should have no problems…

Looks like there should be no tax addition, also!

• No waiting I believe and at least their EU counterpart seems to be reliable.

@PXSS I think you meant: http://www.gearbest.com/

I’ve heard it might take a while before they ship the cells till destination… there were even some partially shipped packages… so I would be cautions ordering from there… unless you’ve got a patience on your side and have no hurry with them…

That’s indeed cheap as I saw them at €5.35 on the European part of the nkon site

Damn that’s cheap. I couldn’t find any for less than $3.75, it came out over $4 each with the dangerous goods shipping tacked on.

Im not sure whenever this is true or is it some kind of glitch… one thing though - this price has stayed such for about 2weeks… You can see the individual cells… and if you order less than 20… the price is a lot higher… also agree that for Eu site, the price is higher…

Plus, it seems like they have increased the price for ‘‘pre-welded tabs’’ onto the cells… it was something like 20-30cents per cell a while ago… now it is a whopping 55cents per cell…

@Okami, are you still getting parcel shipping option? I only get Fedex as an option. E: if you buy more than 100 Euros, they only ship through fedex…

@PXSS Not sure, you should probably contact them personally… I never went further with the purchase at them and got my cells from elsewhere (plus, I would need to order from Eu site)…

I hope it is not that way… otherwise the price ‘‘gets spoiled’’ a bit… and 2weeks also does not sounds as good. as I believe they should be able to ship in a week… or so… (+ the risk of tax, they mention in the comment)

Anyone else from the US want to get in on a group buy of Nkon 30Q cells? I’m buying 40 but shipping is 30eu and can take several weeks so I was hoping to lower the cost of shipping by getting a group buy.

I’d buy x30 30Q cells, just to try them out. Get a pack made for the new top speed that’s on its way.

1 Like

Anyone knows where we can find them at a decent price in Europe?

I’ll order them tonight. Lets talk details on PM!

@PXSS If you can, please give us some update once it gets sorted out… im especially interested will you get to avoid the tax… these taxes can be sometimes a real hindrance

As far as I’m aware customs doesnt care for packages under 500usd.

1 Like

In UK they can be a PITA even for small amounts