What helmet you rockin?

I love you have this set up! Gotta have the right tool for the right job!

1 Like

Why would she do that?

Im rocking the AFX FX-41DS the helmet feels amazing and has excellent air flow through the helmet, which is nice being in Florida. I replaced the clear lens with a dark smoke lens, and also took off the front visor. the shield has a very satisfying clonk when you close it also.

8 Likes

She didn’t want me to build her one like I’m doing now, she likes having the mass produced and tested and “safe” option. And the guys at the local skate shop here saved the last one that had a loaded deck and she loves her loaded decks.

Its her first time ever riding so she didn’t want anything crazy…I want to go fast! But its nice she will have something to cruise with me on.

Been skateboarding half-pipes since I was about 8 years old. Snowboarding, downhill mtb, I’ve gone through half a dozen dirt bikes, and I’m ashamed to say I don’t think I’ve ever worn a helmet for more than 5 minutes my whole life. I can’t honestly remember the last time I wore a helmet for more than a minute. I’m trying to change. to work with us on tonight 15344878973381378357367 I really like it. Thanks @Mikenopolis

7 Likes

Glad you like it. Thanks for taking it off my hands.

I agree with the non helmet wearers that it seems pretty weird wearing helmets with years of background in skateboarding and biking but Esk8 takes us to speed and especially places that we were not at before.

1 Like

Whhat is the name of that helmet. It looks amazing

Icon Variant

Anyone have experience with Demon brand on Amazon? Price is pretty solid. Few but good reviews. Demon Podium Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet with Black Viper MTB Goggles (Medium) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JK2H7RM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_F9c8Bb0YVBXEJ

Feel like I’ve seen a few guys mention that they use that one in helmet and safety threads.

1 Like

I search over that ways. Thanks!

@barajabali and @Mobutusan have them

2 Likes

Would the TSG Pass feel really hot in 70-85 degree weather?

Giro Switchblade MIPS as my daily:

IMG_20181227_003158 IMG_20181227_003219

Using a S&S Spindoctor for cold weather/downhill:

received_295253167785675 received_527835971062519

6 Likes

Not really. I wear mine even in 40C and as long as you keep moving it is ok. However, if you stop moving when it is this hot, you will be soaking wet in a few minutes.

3 Likes

I have been doing a lot of research and I came to the conclusion that the switchblade is the best helmet for me, how do you like it?

It’s really, really comfortable. Lightweight and stays cool, field of vision is pretty much entirely unobstructed. I can say that having used it daily for the last 6 months it’s my favorite helmet I’ve ever owned. I’ll buy another should I ever need to.

3 Likes

I have the switchblade too, like it very much. super light and comfortable!

Since yesterday a white TSG pass was added to my helmet collection.

Before you post the pic edit it.

Rotate it in any direction then save. Then rotate it back to the original orientation and save again. Then post.

Don’t ask me why or how this works, it just does.

1 Like

You’ll have to let me know how you like the TSG. I’ve heard nothing but good things and it’s next on my list, the coming from a Switchblade I’d be curious how you feel it compares comfort wise.

1 Like