What helmet you rockin?

Do they email you back or?

Yeah they emailed me back.

[email protected]

Hmm, I sent them like 5 emails and they didnā€™t say a single thing

1 Like

Dammitā€¦ I screwed up. Shoulda got the sparkly purple pass rather than the white.

Coulda changed my handle to ā€˜The Purple Helmet Warrior.ā€™ Coulda had a cape and everything :pensive: Fkn hindsight.

1 Like

no capes!

if you donā€™t get that you havenā€™t watched the incredibles enough

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to watch it. Donā€™t know about superheroes without capes though.

5 Likes

Currently an open face helmet, but looking for the ā€˜rightā€™ full face + visor thatā€™s not too radical :wink:

1 Like

wallmart special until, i find something i like XD

For those that are liking the RuRoc helmets, they have got a rather good sale on at the mo

just bought this one Bell 3R mips 2018 edition. plenty of air, 780 gramms and i frekkin love the color scheme. :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

I love the chin guard design. My favorite helmet as well because it doesnā€™t trap in any heat

1 Like

This is an awesome thread. Iā€™ve learned alot and it helps me towards my search for full face helmets for my son and I.

Iā€™m not a hement expert. But as a former lifeguard with knowledge of how diving accidents cause spinal injuries, those forehead visors worry me. At a glance they appear to be something that could contribute to a hyper extension injury.

Do those visors break away on impact. Back in 1992, I was just out of university and working as a shop hand in a design firm that was working on bike helments. I had no authority or helment expertise, but I saw one design that had vents on the top of the helmet that looked to me like a snag risk during a fall. I pointed out the risk of those vents catching and rolling the head backwards. The design was scrapped. That does not prove I was right ā€“ only that some helmet designers took my comments seriously three decades ago.

However the majority of helmets do seem to feature a very slippery centreline and recessed vents. Those sun visors look to me like a snag risk that could catch and roll the head backwards.

So Iā€™ll ask again. Are they break away.

Everything else I see on this thread is confidence inspiring. I appreciate the pointers on disadvantages of motorcycle helments towards visibility, weight, etc.

3 Likes

Specific to the Bell Super xR, I think the visor would bend or yield on impact. Itā€™s there to keep the sun out of your eyes, but is fixed with two adjustable screws, which would undoubtedly yield or break off under high impact. Itā€™s not a structural component by any means Edit: ā€¦and itā€™s totally removable

Agreed, the Bell 3R looked to favor break away. Other ones like these lookes a little scary. Not just the sun visor but the forward angled vents/air scoops.

Any thoughts on these?

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=downhill+longboard+helmet&viewtype=G

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=motocross+helmet&viewtype=G

Iā€™m thinking for those that have not gone to full face but donā€™t have hundreds of dollars, maybe this thread could discuss more budget options.

My son wants a down hill longboard racng helment. Iā€™m thinking motocross. I can afford to spend the money on a TSG or Bell. Not everyone can though.

But if I wanted to spend low for something cool looking, Iā€™d be drawn to these in particular:

Also, not a helmet but these looks coolā€¦

https://www.amazon.de/Fox-Herren-Protektorenjacke-Titan-10050-001/dp/B002TJZRQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506855407&sr=8-2&keywords=fox+jacke

1 Like

the visor is mounbted with 2 plastic screws. by design, those will snap right of with enough force. my other Motorcycle enduro helmets have same mechanism and i broke plenty of those :wink:

I have a TSG Pass and my mirrored visor is all scratched up for the life of me I have no idea why they tinted the outside of the visor, it scratches way too easy it should have been tinted on the inside. Iā€™m going to try to tint my clear visor, Iā€™ll find some 3m mirrored tint

is the pass comfortable? i need to get a helmet but i have not a clueā€¦ might just get a bmx helmet

Itā€™s extremely comfortable and fits my head perfect. But comfort depends on your head size and shape so itā€™s not for everyone but if it fits you right itā€™s the best helmet.