What helmet you rockin?

What’s the advantage of a tsg pass over a cheaper mtb helmet? I’m still trying to make my mind up on which to get

@Rutherford Built in visor mostly. Most MTB helmets will need retrofitting.

The visor is the best part of a full face(aside from the obvious extra protection) as it keeps rocks off your face. Dust and bugs out of your eyes etc.

I have one scratch on my pass visor. It’s because I hit a dragonfly at 35mph. Couldn’t imagine not having a visor now.

2 Likes

Fox Proframe. So much air, mips and light!

8 Likes

Visor is the part on the fox above that keeps the sun out of your eyes.

The shield, or face shield is what keeps the bugs out of your teeth.

Yeah, the shield is where it’s at. Got pelted in the face last year with a dragonfly going 30+ mph. Thankfully missed my eye.

Love the look of the Fox helmet though!

ok then, but what’s this called?

1 Like

They’re both called visors… Because they block the sun.

I get it the pull down piece, they’re typically called face shields… But face shields are always clear. Either way. Two terms with basically interchangeable meanings

But you won’t find a replacement “tsg face shield” as tsg doesn’t call them that…

By size tables I need XXL helmet so that also does not work for me :wink: I guess I will just buy that Icon Variant helmet

2 Likes

The triple 8 racer has a larger fitment then the pass fyi… @Kug3lis

Fox proframe helmet

Bern Macon, I might be the only one here not going above 25mph yet :sweat:

with a helmet like that in glad you’re not!

hahaha no but seriously, half the reason i wear my full face is to avoid the risk of chin injuries. normal bucket won’t do much for a face plant. ask me how I know…

Bern Watts $25 (Craigslist) Demon Podium $90 (Amazon) TSG Pass $100 (Craigslist)

Finally, I feel like I have a helmet option for any condition and speed. And boy, do I love Craigslist!

4 Likes

Anyone know what helmet this is?

Triple 8 racer ^^ with steezy sticker bomb lol

The original racers had air vents. Now adays only the matte versions have air vents…

2 Likes

It should be noted here to not use a motorcycle helmet when skateboarding.

Says the man who didn’t read the rest of the topic…

But to add to that…if you get a motorcycle helmet…that is under 1300 grams… It’s probably ok…but it’s gonna suck… because you can’t see shit or hear shit.

1 Like

I would have worn my old fox v3 on a eMTB, they weigh in at around 1300g.

One of these weighs in at only 1000g/2.2 pounds… https://www.amazon.com/AIROH-AVIATOR-2-2-COLOR-WHITE/dp/B019AVHVII/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1519088759&sr=1-1&keywords=airoh

but both would cost me more than my carbon pass to buy new :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

TSG Pass Carbon Pro, the only heml I’ve ever owned I want to wear :slight_smile:

https://www.basementskate.com.au/images/P/TSG_Pass_carbon.png

2 Likes

do I win an award for lightest helmet?

1 Like