What do you like on your pizza?

Hey peeps,

If you are from the Portland area, please be on a lookout for this Trampa EMTB that was stolen from this guy’s storage…clearly an inside job since it was a very specific unit. Was told there was no security cameras. He was totally being watched putting that thing in!

19 Likes

Balls… @SeanHacker @DerelictRobot Portland peeps

5 Likes

Wow… the audacity of some people to do awful things will never cease to amaze me. I’ll be on the lookout online, best of luck to Mr. Dye in getting it back.

5 Likes

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for this board. That’s so fucked up.

4 Likes

That sucks I don’t think I would ever people something that I valued in a storage unit. I would only put clothes and furniture. You always hear of people finding expensive things in storage units when they sell off the the units that have defaulted.

I hope they get it back as that is a nice looking board.

I had over 3,000 comic books stolen from a storage lot a few years back. I hate to even think what some of those are worth I’ve been collecting regularly since I was a child. Lots of first editions in first appearances.

Keep an eye out on offerup and letgo, I found one of my stolen downhill longboards on offerup a week after it was stolen from my balcony

2 Likes

Man that sucks! I helped this guy out with finishing this build off last year. I’ll reach out and see what we can do.

2 Likes

Add tracking devices on your boards immediately

3 Likes

I think forum engineers should come up with idea of engineering a low power open source gps module which can be integrated into our boards. Tagging @Deodand @rpasichnyk @trampa @torqueboards @JTAG @Ackmaniac @twan @Mich21050 @3DServisas for opinion on this matter.

4 Likes

The biggest issue with this is that GPS receivers are passive. So even adding a GPS receiver to the board won’t do you much good unless you also have a bidirectional cellular comms of some sort. There are low-bandwidth newer standards like NB-IoT and CAT-M that are just now entering the market though, so I feel like this sorta tech is quite a bit more feasible.

I’m tinkering with a NavCom embedded computer in one of my carvers right now that has a cellular modem integrated, still need to get robust mounting for the GPS module/antenna figured out. This was mostly for some advanced telemetry and logging I’m playing around with, but a ‘Lojack’ style system could definitely be implemented.

I spoke with Jason D today on this, unfortunately it was more than just his board that got stolen. I think he might actually be covered under the insurance of the storage facility so it’s not a complete loss. It didn’t have the battery in it either. We’re on the lookout for anything getting posted on local OfferUp/Let go/CL.

He will ride again, regardless. But man people suck.

7 Likes

Does anyone have recommendations for a tracker? Y’all are getting me paranoid :sweat_smile:

I see what you did there :wink:

So I may be wrong and don’t want to start a witch hunt but I’m in the Portland area and am seeing this board on OfferUp that looks mighty similar. Maybe someone could point out a difference between them if I’m wrong. https://offerup.co/YGxdmaiBCWScreenshot_20190511-222301

10 Likes

@Mikenopolis

1 Like

Uh, that’s like, definitely it. Unless there’s a glare, it looks like they sanded the top of the box a bit?

2 Likes

That’s the glare. That’s the board!!!

image image image image

8 Likes

Owner has been notified and looking into it now! Thank you @Eli_G!

Nobody do anything and let Jason handle it

17 Likes

Glad to help. Hope he gets it back.

6 Likes

Yea dont want to scare the guy into hiding. Imo Jason should act like a potential customer and have the cops involved.

10 Likes