What deck is best for building your own electric skateboard?

Thanks Ill look at the dimensions, I want to have some large 6s packs in reserve for longer trips, so Ill see if the deck is big enough.

Downhill decks are pretty sweet because they are stiff- flex is usually not what you want because components don’t like flexing… my current eboard in progress is on this deck, and I absolutely love it.

5 Likes

Trying to lay out my components on Landyachtz Switchblade 38". Looks like there is enough room. Not sure about ground clearance. May have to change change to top mount.

4 Likes

Plenty of room! That setup would be sick!

1 Like

I built my own, but any downhill deck will work fine. Things to check for are deck stiffness and wheelbase. Outside of that its basically whatever you can make work and are comfortable with.

1 Like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Longboard-Downhill-Top-Mount-quality-skateboard-blank-9-75-x-35-5-Brick-/172131446843

opinions on this deck please?

1 Like

That looks sick as hell. i’ve bought a blank deck or two from ebay, haven’t been disappointed so far.

Thanks im thinking about using this to replace my Vanguard board. I hate it lol

Ha! I just bought one of these to build for someone. You need, at least, a 1/2’’ spacer for 83mm wheels. And you’ll still get a little wheel bite if you lean far enough.

I just pulled the trigger and bought one! and thanks for the heads up ill make sure to do that. I just couldnt handle all the flex. This is stiff right?

I bought these yesterday from Ryan Ehlers. $50 a piece. Both are super stiff. The one with cut aways is pretty short in the wheel base arena, but I think it will turn out to be a fun ride with the semi kick tail.

4 Likes

@psychotiller Dang, those look nice. How’d you get such a good price? And how do I get one?!

NM: I was looking at the complete longboard prices on the Ehlers site.

The board is Hella stiff. Nice @psychotiller, Nice!

1 Like

yeah those decks look sweet as hell.

Did you have to do anything special on the Ehlers site to get the $50 price? It’s coming up as $75 when I add it to the cart, but the selection for the deck only is $45. It’s not adding up for me.

I have known him for awhile. Which deck do you want? maybe I’ll have to get it for you

That big double kick “dancing” deck is pretty fly…

1 Like

Oh, I gotcha. I’m really digging that Lonely Pirate deck. Shape, dimensions, graphic. Debating between that and a slightly cheaper blank deck, mainly cause the cool graphics get covered with enclosures anyway, but I can’t seem to find a blank with those dimensions; close to 37-40" length, 26-28" wheelbase, with a kicktail. Any blanks or there that fit this bill?

Btw, do you know the wheelbase range for the different mounting positions on that pirate deck?

That would be awesome if you could find out a price for one of those Pirate decks shipped to San Francisco area, but only if it’s not too much trouble. Or even find out why Ehlers site shows $45 for the deck only selection, but goes in the cart at$70? I appreciate you trying to help a brotha out!

It’s only 36" long too! Stiff and deep concave.

I just emailed him. I’ll let you know!