What category of board is this thing, anyway?

Hey @MysticalDork, just wondering what thickness kydex you used? Thanks!

1 Like

That enclosure is like super clean, looks like a factory made one with your screen and stuff.

What is the shafts size for the wheels you are using? They look considerably larger than the 8mm truck axles. If you remove them you will have wheel bite issues. Why not order a set of mbs rockstar II’s and source the pulleys from @idea? This would have you on good quality wheels and pulleys for about $200.

@overint I used 0.080" kydex.

@flywithgriff The wheels have bearings for a 12mm (Or 1/2", I don’t remember) shaft. I made my own axle extensions/sleeves to fit. I’m trying to avoid going much larger in diameter for two reasons, wheel bite and ride height, I’m trying to keep the board as low as possible. The wheels I have are slightly side-set, so I may indeed have issues with the evolve wheels. I’m strongly considering @psychotiller’s sixshooter wheels which are also side-set, which should make up for the extra width.

If I do run into pulley/mount issues, it’ll just give me another excuse to redo my motor mounts to raise them up off the ground a little more, which I need to do at some point anyway.

Thanks @Vanarian!

1 Like

now that I’ve got some swanky slightly-used sixshooter wheels, and since (of course) my current motor mounts don’t fit with the new wheels, I’m designing new motor mounts, this time clamp-type instead of welded, to avoid this kind of thing in the future. At work I have access to a bunch of “scrap” (cutoffs from a larger project) 3/8" aluminum plate, so I’m going to try to make as much of the mount out of that as possible. Since 3/8" isn’t enough width to give good clamping stability, I’m planning to bolt two pieces together where the mount meets the truck, to give me a 3/4" wide clamping area. Here are some screenshots of the cad drawings as they stand currently:

3 Likes

Some updates on the mounts: the main arms are done, I’ve finished one core, and I’m contemplating just ignoring the secondary clamp. We’ll see how rigid it is without it.

Yo @GrecoMan check this out.

6 Likes

Where did you buy your Vesc6? I think if I were to invest in a Vesc I’d want the 6 to avoid the (apparently very common) DRV failures of the 4.

Straight from Trampa. I was one of the beta testers, so mine were a little discounted. Still a good chunk of change though.

Absolutely worth every penny.

1 Like

Finished board with new mounts, finished tail light and some dirt on the grip tape.

7 Likes

ooohhh post pics of the new mounts

there’s the arms, I don’t think I have pix of the whole thing.

4 Likes

damn. next time you take them off… :wink:

I’ll get pictures tomorrow of them on the trucks.

1 Like

How much did you pat the pneumatics,i found ones for 40$ but they are just too thick

They’re @psychotiller’s Sixshooters, available here. They’re a little steep, but rock solid.

Your build turned out great!!! Good job man

2 Likes

Love the grip tape design. I’ve managed octogons and racing stripes, nothing that elaborate though. I even tried to build a 2d laser cutter, about burnt my house down :grinning:. Did you use a knife and ruler or some other method?

I could use the schools laser cutter and ship some grip tape with your mounts lol :wink:

but seriously, if you want me to, i’m down

I appreciate it, but I’m still trying to figure out a system.

1 Like

good luck!

i bet your local maker space has a vinyl cutter you could use. not sure if that would cut griptape but it’s worth a try!