What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

@akhlut, could you make one that looks like a sea turtle? Thatd be sick with my island theme :grin:

1 Like

Maybe. Depends on the shape. Do you have something in mind?

Can you make these with a cut out for the voltmeter LCD?

2 Likes

Which voltmeter?

Drok 150a would be a good choice. I bought 2 of these

and also have 2 x a couple of other models…trade?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQ7MT4K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This would look really nice.

3 Likes

Can i order a hexagon set and a set of the pointy x’s?

Can I order a set of these and a set of 4 nut holders? I can’t find the form.

OK. I havent checked this thread in a while.

Apologies @dmaxx.

Form is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QwMryuyCNi2qNaIX9uJ9qBqgTNxU8efjbwDQp5-cyck/edit

1 Like

@akhlut How much would a set of 4 nut holders be?

What is the purpose of this part? It seems very unnecessary to me…

This part is pure sex. Get on BOARD!

3 Likes

It’s a tool-less option.

I havent gotten a chance to machine a set of these yet. I need to work on the CAM.

Too funny!

It keeps the bolt heads from marring/splitting the deck. All of the pressure on the deck is converted into down pressure and spread across the total of the brace as opposed to each bolt exerting down and side pressure on the deck itself.

You can put that in your brochure @akhlut :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are a range demon so all you really aim for is parts that gives you range, so you are a function over form guy I think… so this is the function

I’m not sure about everyone else, but I don’t like the hardware digging into my decks, the used CF deck I have looks like it was over tighten so this acts as a thick and pretty washer to relieve stress

3 Likes

I love the hardware digging into my deck and always have…it feels for secure to me and locked in, and yes over time or working on them it goes deeper but I try to remember it’s all disposable anyway…the bolts not holding on my old skateboards was a great reason to go shopping for a new deck…I have just never had a skateboard break in this place or need any reinforcing there, I mean no disrespect, I’m just trying to understand the appeal of such a part…

It is true, I’m a function over form guy, without a doubt…if it’s not serving a good purpose or even two purposes, I seldom include it on my boards…complexity hurts robustness overall, where simplicity is strength…

1 Like

@akhlut, lol i just went ahead and made my own

Thank you for your inspiration tho😉

4 Likes

I originally made them as way to stiffen a dropthrough deck when topmounting. Wasn’t comfortable with four tiny bits of wood holding the trucks on.

2 Likes

how much are these again?