That dog bone thingy. :wink:

No, no, no, nooooo! Their name are: I-Things

…and I’m getting a bunch of them out of carbón by @moon

Screenshot_2018-08-29-19-52-55

7 Likes

DIY Anodized to a Type-III finish. image

@akhlut

13 Likes

Form filled and submitted @akhlut! Could it be possible to fill as much space to cover the gap on the drop through hole for the hummie deck?

I recently saw @Mikenopolis photo of his x-things but wanted something to cover it up more as I’m routing cables via the Riptide tunnel riser. I wouldn’t mind it being more of a squre than an X but I’ll be good with whichever you think would be best :smile:

1 Like

Yeah. Definitely have @akhlut make you the fat X to cover up the wires. I just redid my mount last night and added in the tunnel risers. This is how the wires are “exposed”. Of course it depends on which way you flip it

imageimage

4 Likes

Yeah a fat X may do just the trick or maybe those shaped like a base plate? like @PredatorBoards Anodized finish and strangely looks alot like @kug3lis version of it. Might just try that later on even.

I wouldn’t be too picky if it can’t cover the hole completely as the deck integrity which is what these are really all about is more important anyway.

The way yours came out looks really nice either way @mikenopolis!

@Wraith If you flip the tunnel riser the wires would hide between the baseblate and riser. The tiny spot is the only exposed area. image

2 Likes

I was just about to circle that out just now but you did just that lol Okay that’s very minimal "exposure’ already and maybe @akhlut can recommend a design for it? looks like there’s still abit of allowance with the standard design to shift it down abit? Thanks for this @mikenopolis!

2 Likes

@Wraith do you have a set of calipers? i need the distance from the brace to the cutout circle.

Pretty sure @psychotiller has his deck

1 Like

I don’t have the deck with my yet and it won’t be awhile before I do as its still has to get to @psychotiller before it makes its way to me as @skunk says.

I could ask @Mikenopolis for the measurements. Hope he has a set of calipers though.

If it would make it easier for you to just maximize the size all around instead of just getting it to cover the circle and cover as much of the hole like a plate of sorts, I’d be fine with that as well.

I could ask @hummie for just the hole measurements if you prefer to do it that way

@Wraith, @Hummie , @Mikenopolis, @Skunk

It should cover the hole completely.

6 Likes

That’ll do perfectly!

9 Likes

I might just get another set once I get a hold of these :laughing:

This is going to be so worth it!

2 Likes

They look great. I’ll be mounting drop if I can so my “x things” are more decorative. One in that shape for the skull type image would be great. Kinda want the other in a circle like the custom plate you posted earlier.

1 Like

You could make it extends a bit past the tip of the board, and then have one for the bottom, and have both pieces have screws at the end for another piece that connects the two pieces, to act as a bumper protector for the board.

Also maybe on the top you could offer some work holes for changing and on /off button.

That’s all possible. You’d need 4 in total - 2 top plates, 2 risers.

that would only cover the area near the drop hole but still leave the sides of the nose/tail exposed wouldn’t it? and wouldn’t it be better to use a softer material with more rebound to absorb impacts when considering a bumper guard?

Yeah it would be better to use something softer, I’m just trying to think of something though. That design was the best so far I’ve seen that could do that. Maybe the design could be left as is, and the part that screws between the two would fit at the front, through the opening, with screw attachments for adding a softer bump guard that wraps about the front and a bit on the sides?

1 Like