What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

Nah, dey a diffn’t ting.

Not yet @Colson003. I need to figure out how to squeeze out a few more hours a day. :frowning:

4 Likes

That sound like an argument you here in the gym about cups :grin:

4 Likes

Yea id like normal set

someone earlier spray painted it successfully but you probably need to really sand the surface and use a proper metal primer and lay on several coats

1 Like

I’ll design and 3D print one to get the exact dimensions. Presume you could then take my model to get the same gcode for cutting?

1 Like

yep. just need the .stp

I just put my first set of washers in a vibration tumbler overnight in walnut media. It was all my buddy had because he normally uses it for polishing brass for reloading ammunition.

That media/substrate had literally 0 effect kver 12 hours, lol. I figured it wouldn’t, the walnut seems way too “soft” or “fine.” I figured might as well see.

What do you think would be best to tumble them in @akhlut?

Yep. Walnut will do nothing. I think it needs a ceramic media to remove tooling marks, scratches, etc. I need to pick my buddies brain to get the right stuff.

1 Like

Added my name to the Google order thingy @akhlut :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keep me posted, I am going to do some research as well and will grab something or other…I will LYK how it goes

1 Like

Could you use blast medium…you can get various including walnut but glass maybe good?

I was thinking about glass as well

Soooo…

Apparently walnut treated with a polishing compound is the bees knees:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/mitty-knows-his-nuts-walnuts-157463/?highlight=tumble+aluminum

http://www.gravescompany.com/Grit-and-Media.html

And then there is this:

This is a total rabbit hole.

1 Like

Personally I love the rough machined finish, it screams bespoke which it is

3 Likes

I guess the wrong polish was in here, because mine did absolutely notheing over 12 or more hours. Strange

Sorry to be impatient but when can we expect a new batch to be produced?

same question from me :slight_smile:

Work and fam are trying to kill me. I just got 60 lbs of aluminum in too. I have a shitton of stuff to finish today, but I’m hoping to get started this afternoon.

Sorry for the delay fellas. I’m on it.

5 Likes

excellent :slight_smile: just to check I’m on your list right?

2 Likes

checking it twice… :santa:

2 Likes