What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

$20 in us, more international.

Or as my wife says, “Not enough.”

4 Likes

i’ll get one of those “evo” ones that i saw. was that sandblasted?

Milled then engraved

8 Likes

Totally understandable, we all value things and aesthetics differently. I see my boards/decks as precious belongings, my two Raptor 1 decks are hard to find these days. The Jet Spud is an awesome commuter that was gone for a while and probably will again. Working on the wood decks definitely wears those holes down over time.

If you want function, then @scepterr definitely has one since he got a custom made one for the huge headlight he wanted to use, here’s a picture of the smaller one he tested

7 Likes

That what mine always says, that greedy bastard, I repair computers for friends at cost of hardware replacement only.

4 Likes

As soon as you get those nut holders finalized I’d like to buy a set

2 Likes

BTW @akhlut have you made any of those other designs that you rendered up ?

3 Likes

I made one, second from the right for @NaQ

I can cut one of each to see how they look 4 reals. I have a few sets to cut first though.

1 Like

what cam operation do you use to just cut the outline? i’ve been trying to figure it out for 2 weeks now

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/4606?u=yecrtz

Finally done polishing, painting and coating mine… Went for a raw look but with some shine and black inside.

1 Like

Man, they look GREAT! Love the inlay! And don’t worry about the scratches - they gonna get plenty of wear!

1 Like

What CAM program you running?

same as you (I think) fusion.

Nah, to complicated for me man. CamBam FTW! So stupid simple for 2.5D. With 40 free evaluation uses it has lasted me a few years!

1 Like

haha cool. disregard everything :wink:

The fusion CAM is worth learning though. I just need to sit down and do it. Unfortunately that probably won’t be until next winter for me.

1 Like

Thanks! Really satisfied with the outcome. I did those scratches myself, they’re underneath the coating. Probably gonna name my board after them. The Rusty Evo :sunglasses:

(if the V4 speeddrive R ever arrives…)

1 Like

You’re using M5 hardware? Try to get a small washer in there so you don’t mar the finish!

1 Like

Yeah I am, waiting for the screws to arrive. Gonna paint the heads black and try a super thin rubber washer

I dunno. A rubber washer will deform as you tighten it down. Try a plastic washer instead, or a metal one with the cupped face toward the brace.

The recess should be 11mm, so it should fit a 10mm washer.

1 Like