What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

20190209_182123 20190209_182828

6 Likes

That looks like my workspace usually does. Total insanity. Those shelves should help get you organized though!

3 Likes

Dammit.

Sorry guys, wrong thread!

2 Likes

Nah, keep sharing! This is good stuff.

2 Likes

Was waiting to see when you would notice lol

2 Likes

Im getting roughly the same overhang as well

It follows the deck profile though?

Like this?

3 Likes

image Yup it does follow the profile. Just has a little lip over the deck. Gonna add some shock absorbing foam there later maybe

2 Likes

@akhlut a set of the CF x things are going on @mmaner’s Lacroix. Should tie into the CF Lacroix enclosure so fucking nicely.

Meet

“Dragon’s Bane” (or whatever he decides to call it.)

20190210_123755

15 Likes

Sweet baby jesus.

5 Likes

Damn that’s pretty. You’ve outdone yourself @Sender.

5 Likes

God I love fucking with this stuff.

7 Likes

Dude, i cant even. You need to take these to a photographer or something to document them.

5 Likes

Whats really cool about this is the depth of options. I wouldn’t have picked hardly any of the skin jobs I have done, but they are all so independently sick and personalized.

So dope.

I wasn’t even that psyched on this fabric TBH. @mmaner saw the potential.

That’s why it is cool there are almost a million pattern options on spoonflower.

If I just did what I liked I would miss out on seeing such awesome end projects.

I know you understand exactly what I mean with the X washers

6 Likes

Totally. The depth and breadth of the parts I make are because the community has driven the designs. Sure I tinker with shapes, but it’s the voices outside of my own design process that drive things forward in ways that the community desires.

In short, the stuff I do on my own is lame, because it’s for me - boring and utilitarian. When I collaborate with people is when we make awesome stuff with style and aesthetics.

5 Likes

Exactly.

The reflectors were totally @b264. I just locked them in epoxy.

7 Likes

This cross-pollenization is really important. Not every idea will take off, but the ones that do take us in directions we never thought of and make us think in new ways.

2 Likes

And that happens so damn fast. Just go look at 2 year old build threads and see how far things have come.

And see how many more quality options there are in the high end relm.

5 Likes

Absolutely. We’re in an era of fit and finish now.

The mechanics and electronics have been sorted for 99% of boards out there. The mechanical and electronic bleeding edge is a lot more like a papercut instead of the sucking chest wound that it used to be. More people with better tools making things, standing on the shoulders of the giants who came before us and advancing further than thought possible.

But that said people are placing a much higher value on aesthetics now. People want to have their hair on fire and look good while they’re at it. The difference is so apparent, it’s like night and day. And it’s all about the decks and the effort that we put into them - they should look awesome as well!

6 Likes

Right?! If I am spending $1500-$2000 on a top end machine, You damn right I will spend $500 more for it to look sick as hell.

Many people into this aren’t just poor college kids. We like nice shit!

8 Likes