What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

Sent it, sorry it took long.

1 Like

Is all good!

1 Like

Took some better pics morning pics. image image Not bad for $10 and a couple of hours of intense rubbing.

3 Likes

were these polished or mill finish?

Neither. I used this to blacken the aluminum.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JCW2CG

Just rubbed it with some Q-tips.

2 Likes

Nice. Wonder how it would look on the more elaborate x-thing plates. Maybe fill the lines with silicone so only the top gets stained black leaving the engravings with the metal finish.

No, I mean the finish of the X-brace when I sent it do you. I just started polishing the parts, and I don’t think that part was polished - it just had a mill finish.

Just filed in the order form :slight_smile: I selected custom shape and would like to get this one. It fits on Hummie deck, right? image

2 Likes

OK.

So here are two braces superimposed. The Hummie brace (tan) completely covers the hole. The round-claw (blue) will protrude a few mm beyond the deck (roughly 4mm).

2 Likes

Hmm… that’s what I thought. Might not be that good looking. Do you know if anyone have a picture of the hummie brace mounted on hummie deck?

1 Like

@Wraith @Mikenopolis @Socalscare @Skunk

U got pics of mounted Hummie Brace?

3 Likes

Give me a second to dig them out of my build thread on baby Duty ATM

1 Like

Apparently I don’t have a picture of the front one, only the large round back one. And my front trucks are currently not on my board or even in my house to take one.

1 Like

We can always make modifications!

2 Likes

Are you sure about that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

20181206_191911

2 Likes

I didn’t think that one was close/clear enough.

1 Like

@Skunk that looks really far forward. Is it really that far up or is it just the angle? I designed it from a photograph, but I didn’t think it stuck over the edge like that.

:worried:

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of the angle and the fact that I mounted drop, so the plates literally sitting on top of the base plate not on the deck like it’s intended. so the perspective is skewed it does pass the front of the deck just a bit.

1 Like

OK. Even if you could slap the brace on the deck with a few mounting bolts and take a pic that’d be good.

1 Like

Ill try. Give me a second. Baby is being needy lol

2 Likes