What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

Damn. Well lemme know how much I owe ya for these.

I knew I’d seen that logo somewhere before lol.

1 Like

12 Likes

@akhlut How many responses are you at? Man if it takes too long just give me that in aluminum. Can you also anodize these in black ?

1 Like

So the results are in:

And the winner is…

Carbon Fiber Twill

So next steps.

I need to take pre-orders for 10 sets @ $15/set to order the material.

Fill out the form if you’re interested.

5 Likes

That pot leaf needs some green paint worked in the grooves and that thinks would like the bees knees. Really help pop that shiny aluminum out.

1 Like

i’m just not sure of the best way to do that

1 Like

Its not easy lol.

I would probably paint the whole thing green and then take a sanding block to it so it leaves only the outline painted.

Doing it by hand like i did on the mandalorian Crest wasn’t fun.

2 Likes

It actually is. The way I did the jokers you did for me was painted over top with with black nail polish and or testors model paint and let it dry a bit then take 100% actone and put it on a rag or paper towel and wipe over the paint the paint in the cuts will stay and the rest will wipe off. Took a little testing to see what solvents would dissolve the testors paint

1 Like

Hows that holding up? My model paint isn’t holding up so great.

I havent had the time to get the right hardware or install them on the board yet. I think it would probably hole a little better because it isnt on the smooth metal surface it is in the rougher area that was carved out so the paint actually has something to hold to. It always makes it so you see all the little details.

6 Likes

Done and done. This is the beginning of a great journey!

I’m also not sure if the honeycomb pattern will look good on this material.

2 Likes

Bruv these carbon fiber X-things are gonna be sick. I think they’ll go a little better with my boards aesthetic than raw aluminum.

2 Likes

I agree. That CF twill is beautiful all by itself.

5 Likes

Thats whst I was saying too.

Milled honeycomb for aluminum and not for CF Twill. Just don’t need it!

3 Likes

@Chupacabra Depends on the hardware, i think Ones for a flat head the other is for a socket head .

1 Like

Lol I accidentally posted a pm on here. Was typing while walking on slippery snowy streets. Did it snow in Oregon too ?

3 Likes

Just a bit. It’s all gone now from what i see. Hear Portland got more.

1 Like

Seattle right now. They closed my office for just a couple of inches of snow lol

7 Likes

It’s starting right now. This is going to be a long week.

2 Likes

Just purchased this to blacken my mounts. Anyone have any experience with this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JCW2CG

1 Like