What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

God, I feel bad too.

I wondered about the SS thing too. I assumed, I dunno. Dumb. I noticed and said nothing.

Pretty shitty of all of us who noticed that and didn’t say anything in a pm or something.

Due to all of our neglect this happens.

Our fault Matt.

5 Likes

It’s not the end of the world. there are far worse things out there. and don’t blame yourselves. this is my fault, i have to own the consequences - whatever they may be.

5 Likes

ok someone get out the tar and feathers. lol I wouldn’t blame yourself as the person who designed it/ ordered it probably had no idea about it. Also if you look at the SS flag the lightning bolts are more vertical than these. Slayer got into some shit with their eagle logo looking like the symbol from nazi Germany. So I would not worry about it, like you had said there are far worse things out there. This was nothing to do with any sort of hate and everything to do with skating.

2 Likes

I definitely opened the Pandora’s box with the first request. It’s crazy seeing the Joker ones, they look so cool

also @sender Just realized you got “The Skinner”. That should be Mr. Skinnerimages

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s been backed up on orders for a solid year lol

2 Likes

Ok so this is all your fault :rofl: and here I though you were a super santa

2 Likes

Maybe not that far I started talking to him about it back in October but never saw the form or anything and then out of the blue saw it as I was scrolling through the thread and though damn I never filled this out.

There’s been a waiting list since I joined is all.

1 Like

I asked for a simple X, then you people started getting all complicated :rofl:

I wonder if the person who originally asked “what are those X things called” ever got one made

5 Likes

Wasn’t there a kids book if you give a moose a muffin that had the same out come. Moral of the story is basically if you find someone who can do something cool eventually people will want more and more. But we can all say that we helped pay for @akhlut ticket to this years eskate event in Colorado :joy:

Yeah I seems like the waiting list has been going for some time but maybe if we get it so backed up he can get another and have dualing cutters

Worth the wait

2 Likes

keep this going and we would need to help Matt with divorce attorney fees.

1 Like

you guys have no idea.

its worse.

the queue is solid, feels like 10 people deep. i have more custom work than universal x-tings. and i keep designing new stuff that more people want which backs me up even further.

its a great problem to have. i just feel bad that i cant cut fast enough. people are patient, but i need to get jobs out the door faster.

and now im cutting motor mounts for SR TKP.

luckily, ive been given a new space at my institution and im setting it up now.

the great news is this is in a non-academic setting, so i can come here on my lunch break and make as much noise as i want.

progress.

14 Likes

Love it! I used to have spaces like that when I worked at a college campus. creepy as hell at night though

5 Likes

Sorry had to do it.

Glad you got extra space I think it may be time to get a second machine. Then you could cut a set at a time.

5 Likes

I actually have about 50% of the parts for a C-Beam XL. I need to light a fire under my student’s asses to get moving on it.

2 Likes

@dareno

10 Likes

Lets be honest, that custom work should cost $75 a pop.

How many hours do they take you?!

6 Likes

typically an hour for a single engraved brace. some are shorter, most are longer. Milling the brace itself is fast, that’s the easy part. The engraving is the long process. the V-cutters can’t move quickly through the aluminum like an endmill because the effective speed at the tool tip is very slow - it’s almost grinding through the material instead of cutting. I’ve been able to speed up a little bit now that i have a tumbler. six to eight hours in the tumbler helps deburr the engraving as well as the sharp edges left from milling. After that it’s off to polishing then an ultrasonic cleaning.

It’s a process, but one that’s been giving me really good results.

I really need to build a website that documents the process and lets people choose different options.

7 Likes

Ya, you aren’t charging enough! And they keep getting better.

7 Likes