What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

Yes, the hummie set has the 3D printed bumpers.

The rear bumper:

4 Likes

It can be. I can make whatever parts you want or need. :smiley:

1 Like

You can expect another set from me on my next builds! I want these on all my decks :wink:

1 Like

So it’s $50 for front and back complete set then?

Yes, $50 for this:

and this:

ALSO!

These are OLD SCHOOL mounting pattern, which is what the hummie deck uses (I’m pretty sure anyway).

4 Likes

What do you mean by old school pattern? Are you referring to the mounting hole placement?

Does that mean it won’t be compatible with newer decks?

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll ask hummie to confirm and let you know if he does answer :smile:

What place is my order on the list by the way?

It’s up next. :smiley:

1 Like

I realy want to see the finished hummie set, it’ll probably push me over the edge to get a set.

Don’t tell the boss. :shushing_face:

1 Like

@akhlut on the Hummie deck version. Is that bottom part a metal riser plate? Just wondering if it would be better to just make a longer I-Thing to hold the bumper. Save material and allow softer riser?

Would be possible to make just the bottom part, but as a nut stop for when mouting dropped ? Basically a nut stop in U shape that goes around the base plate and has the two holes for mounting a bumper (or a bumper/light combination that I’m thinking in doing)

Like this?

but with a bumper?

2 Likes

It’s possible. I think the bigger issue is how thick are truck baseplates? That changes the thickness of the 3D printed bumper.

1 Like

Good point. Forgot the bumper is hard…is flexible 3D filaments an option or is that too costly?

Right now I can’t print flexy. My good printer is down for repair, and the makerbot here at work won’t use it and i dont want to void the warantee.

Plus flexi doesn’t really like bowden if i remember right. I might break out my old machine that has a wades, but it uses 3mm and a j-head. Its an ANCIENT reprap.

Hey.

I have an idea…one that might not be insane.

Could we use spare barrel bushings as bumpers instead of a hard 3D printed part?

They come in a variety of heights, and can easily be shaved down with a knife.

riptide tallbarrel is 19mm high…

Like this:

8 Likes

Yeah, but not all the way around, just and U

I can send you the drawing once I have everything planed

How much would be for this one?

Makes sense, plus who doesn’t already have a small bag of stock bushings laying around

May need to add a small bushing or spacer around the bolt to fit the bushing so it doesn’t get pushed back but maybe not depending how close the holes are to the outside of the board

1 Like

Like this, but with NutStops, yes?

4 Likes