What 3D/CAD models do you need? 3D files CAD request thread

His pulley is supposed to be joined to the flywheel using nuts and bolts, whereas mine(like enertion’s pulley) will just snapin. Mine will use an additional bearing, some shims(2mm and 1mm) and cutting 7cm off the caliber trucks(like longhairedboy does)

Before you print again, let me know what you plan to use and I’ll prepare the assembly for you accordingly. Give me the following specs.

1. Wheel dia
  2. wheel pulley teeth count
  3. motor pulley teeth count
  4. Belt teeth.
  5. wheel pulley mine or juniorpotatoe’s
  1. 83mm
  2. 36T or 38T depending on how it’s performing.
  3. 16T
  4. Belt 280
  5. I am printing the juniorpotatoe now but I can print yours and test it after I try that one.

Appreciate all your help on this!

@EMC75 your parts are ready. I made the part for 280 belt(56T) but a belt with fewer teeth might be better. This is what it looks like. you can find the files in the folder “SR_Caliber2_83mm_TB6375_40T_16T_56T_pulleycover” at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1q9GisJy4tHN1JiSlZubmVpaUk?usp=sharing

7 Likes

That looks awesome! I am traveling the remainder of the week, but I will start with the test print asap.

Thanks again!

Hi all, i would like to help some how, but this is completely out of my league. I just what i can say is big THANKS specially to @mishrasubhransu for start the tread and all members who are involved in improve the designs, i´m patiently waiting for someone who wants to make and sell them, i will be very happy to pay for the parts and labor. Thanks again guys! keep it up this amazing collaboration! :bow:

1 Like

Hi, in this very moment I negotiating price of CNC making motor clamp/motor mount in aluminium for caliber that @mishrasubhransu share. My setup consist of: blue caliber ver.1 trucks, enertion r-spec 2.0 6355 motor, 83mm abec clone wheels, 250mm HTD5M (15mm wide) belt, 16/48 teeth pulleys. Is there’s something I should know before sending files to be made?

Yes, 3 main things.

1. The 48T pulley is very big when compared to 83mm pulley(even 40mm might is pretty big for 83mm) 36/38 will be the best. If you go for 48T it might make the wheel pulley(and the belt) dangerously close to the ground.
  2. The pulley and the pulley cover is meant for 12mm pulley, I’ll have to modify files for you to use a 15mm pulley. Do you want me to work on it?
  3. The clamp that goes on the caliber trucks is the one that you get from . So you might as well buy it from @torqueboards. Moreover, the clamp doesn’t have any threads, so you’ll have to request the thread from the cnc place.

Thank you for answer. I already printed 36 teeth pulley, to try fitting to the wheel, but I am still considering bigger ratio (~3). Would be great if i could get pulley cover for 15mm belt, but of course motor mount is my main concern now. During my negotiations I am sending your files with annotation about threading clamping hole for m6 bolt (i also considered to remix clamp, to not rely on threading the hole but to make socket for nut at the end). Also, from pricing i get from one of places (for now only one cnc place gave me cost of material+work) i can get motor mount for one third of torque price (not including shipping that would be 40$ for me in Poland).

Nice nice!. Can we see the 3d printed 36T pulley? Also, are you using my snap-in wheel pulley or something else?

If you are not concerned about the the pulley cover, then the mount can be much smaller. That’s because the cover version of the motor mount has to be a bit bigger than the wheel pulley.

The max number of teeth in wheel pulley for 83mm wheel should be 40(I use that), otherwise the pulley will be dangerously close to ground and might get damaged.

For test, I printed first pulley that I found on thingiverse My print on thingiverse. If You are using 40T pulley with success i will recreate this in my board. Pulley cover would be nice addition and ill try to implement it at some point (for now im still waiting for European distribution of vesc+6355 bundle from enertion)

@mishrasubhransu Is Your snap wheel pulley (when printed) is strong enough to not crack along layers in place where in-wheel part ends during driving

EDIT: Today I spoke with guy that will be making parts on cnc, he said that he does not have access to 7075 aluminum alloy (that is stronger that normal alu, almost like steel) that torqueboars use. He is not sure that motor mount will be sturdy enough. He proposed to thicken this part to 8mm and making it from PA6 aluminum, and making clamp without changes to thickness from PA13 alu

Hi @mishrasubhransu,

Amazing work! I very recently joined this community, and it’s great to see there are so many helpful people. I hope to be able to give back to the community someday :slight_smile:

I’m collecting parts to build my very first eskate board. I’m buying enertion’s 36t 15t 12mm pulley kit, 83mm flywheels, and most likely caliber trucks.

I don’t have a 3D printer myself, so I was thinking of looking this up on 3Dhubs. I know the motor mount should be a stronger material (carbon fiber, aluminum, etc), but would 3D printed plastics be okay for the pulley cover?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks @landonkun. People here have already used 3D printing for the pulley cover. The version surrounds it from all sides and provides additional protection.

You can find the files in folder named SR_Caliber2_83mm_TB6355_40T_16T_56T(250mm)_15mm_partialpulleycover_Seawolf at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1q9GisJy4tHN1JiSlZubmVpaUk?usp=sharing.

The pulley will work great if you use nylon SLS(sylective laser sintering) 3D printing,_ else you just have to print out a part and check it out.

Since you want to use 83mm wheel and also 40T wheel pulley, a full pulleycover is not possible, so I made a partial pulley cover.

I can make the part 8mm thick. Were you going for dual rear or just single rear?

EDIT: FIles not ready yet. I’ll let you know when they are.

1 Like

Awesome. Is there a file in there for 83mm 36T 15T? Looks like I’ll need a STL file for the site I’m using.

I will be using single motor. And ultimately i found another place that have access to proper material, so i will be using your files for motor mount without modifications.

Ran into some issues with my cnc machine so it will be out of commission for a while. Not so excited and won’t be able to test the mount anytime soon. Probably will buy one so I can continue my build.

Looking forward to see someone test this setup!

Hello together!

I’m a completle new memeber in this forum but already read a lot of threats here. Thank you very much for this vast amount of input which I really appreciate! Now I want to give you a little bit back.

Since I’m building my own electric longboard, I also wanted to model every part of it, as far as it is possible for me. In the last few weeks I tried to find a 3D model of the VESC to generate my own housing for it but with no success. So I just sat down and drew my own model with the data Benjamin Vedder put in hits github repository.

Here is the link to thingiverse, where you can download the part!

So far thank you for all your help!

Greetings from Germany! -Daniel

2 Likes

Looks beautiful sir

Thank you very much!