What 3D/CAD models do you need? 3D files CAD request thread

This rocks !

Thanks @torqueboards and @EMC75. I increased the clearance to 11mm. Didn’t do more otherwise it might affect the structural integrity.

Did major changes to the pulley cover. Let me know what you guys think.

Right now the system is meant to be used with 90mm wheel, 280(56Teeth) mm belt, 16T motor pulley, 40T wheel pulley. All of this is configurable by just editing the motor mount part and all other part will modify themselves automatically.

6 Likes

I have saved the stl file for the mud guard in the flywheel folder. It’s only for 90 mm wheel though. I need a 83mm wheel dimension for make a 83 mm one. Does any one have one?

There won’t be any drag with the bearing because of a shim(spacer) between the bearings and mud flap.

I think a smart idea would be integrating the mud flap with the pulley cover but then it has to be made specifically for a particular mount.

1 Like

Actually, I still have to modify the pulley cover design because there is no way this can be assembled properly. One should be able to adjust the belt tension without taking the wheels off. Also the belt can’t be tensed without the wheel in place.

Good point! Are you thinking of making it into two pieces?

The new plate looks good. I would like to use it for my 83mm wheels so I am not sure if it would be to large on the wheel side.

That cover will make it the worst pain in the a** to put on, you can’t really access the belt. And to put the cover on you need to take the wheel off, put the cover, then somehow manage to put the belt back on the pulley.

I wounld like to buy one like this for xt90. Anyone? I don’t have 3D printer so… http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_54804__XT60_Panel_Mounting_Kit_US_Warehouse.html http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:623324

Thanks for the input. I corrected that. Down below are the new designs.

The new design is pretty similar to the last one except that I just made it into two parts which can be slid in from both sides. Their movement is restricted in all direction except one and that is fixed by using screws. This should prevent even the tiniest of rocks(except fine dust) entering into the pulley assembly. Files are available at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1q9GisJy4tHN1JiSlZubmVpaUk?usp=sharing

Please feel free to critique this design and post your suggestions

I have designed this for 90mm wheel, 280(56Teeth) mm belt, 16T motor pulley, 40T wheel pulley. I’ll design a new one for 83mm wheels, 16T motor pulley, 36T wheel pulley because it seems to be a popular option. @EMC75, you can try the 2nd config and let us know how it works for you.

2 Likes

Looks great! I’ll give it a try tonight. My caliber trucks came in the mail and my board will arrive today so I can check how it all fits together.

Hope to see the 83mm version as I will be running that one myself.

Thanks!

What are the dimensions of the caliber trucks, it would be helpful if you could measure the end to end length of the aluminum hanger, the length of the steel rod from end to end and finally the length of the thread.

183mm Hanger, 34.5mm Shaft, Thread 9.5mm.

1 Like

The two assemblies can be found at final_assemblies folder.

1. Caliber 2 trucks(have to cut 7mm), 83mm wheel, 36T snapin wheel pulley, mount, pulley cover
  2. Caliber 2 trucks(have to cut 7mm), 90mm wheel, 40T snapin wheel pulley, mount, pulley cover

The only problem is because of the pulley cover design, dual mount is not possible with above truck. If you don’t plan to use pulley cover and use dual rear then let me know I’ll make snapin pulley that will also support dual rear.

I for one will use dual mount over covers if need to choose between, so would be awesome if you did a snapin pulley for these wheel size and tooth for dual rear mount. Not sure if you are also looking at 97mm 44T or something like that?

I printed the parts for the 36T.

They came out okay and some of that was my fault. I switched to petg and did not adjust my temp correctly but it’s good enough to have a visual on how it will work.

I am am a little concerned on the mount holes that stick out if they could get hit by something. Just seems like a weak point. Also, getting the cover to slide over the mount might not work as well as attaching it against it. The mount that I printed was too thick in the design so it was difficult to test.

The mount holes are on the sides rather than facing the ground, so they likely won’t hit anything if the bottom won’t hit anything. I thought about that scenario but it actually looks pretty good in assembly.

The mount is actually doing both: Attaching by sliding and attaching with screws. Extrusion printing tends to bloat the parts a bit and fitting might be difficult, but if you sand the motor mount a bit you could definitely slide it in.

I know you said the parts didn’t come out well, but could we see it? You could also pm me the pics. Thanks.

Here you go. I was messing with the parts a bit and broke some pieces off… I used some PETG that was supposed to be red but turned out to be pink :unamused:

When I cut out the mount in carbon I am sure it will fit a lot better. I only have 3mm carbon fiber but I think that should be strong enough.

Let me know if you need me to check anything else.

Some more pictures to see how it would fit. It’s difficult to get the cover over the motor pulley. Not sure how it will work with pla as it’s not as flexible.

The wheel pulley is too big and I will be printing a 36T to match this.

2 Likes

What pulley are you going to use? My snapin pulley?

This pulley cover is considering snapin pulley. Pulley directly mounted on the wheel won’t work. I’ll have to design a diffeerent cover for that. What’s your plan, use snapin(cut 7mm off the hangar) or use regular pulleys?

The motor mount is supposed to be 5mm(based off TB motor mount, since I trust it) and made with aluminum. The plastic cover should just slide in right from the side. If it is not hapenning right now, you can try to sand the edges a bit to reduce thickness.

I was going to use this one and I think it’s pretty much the same as yours.

It looks like 5mm fits but I will probably have to print the cover with some additional support to make sure it will fit perfect.