What 3D/CAD models do you need? 3D files CAD request thread

I completed the snap in for 40Teeth 12 mm. I still need to work on where the spacers go and reducing further mass. The pulley I made is completely parametric(based on tooth number, pitch, bearing measurements, pulley width) so one can change just those values as per their need.

As you can see in the pic below, this doesn’t really work with standard caliber trucks, so I’ll have to modify that in cad as well

After hiding the mount and it’s clamp

1 Like

Where is this design shared? I have a 3d printer and cnc machine and would like to test the motor mount on some caliber trucks once it’s ready.

My original plan was to put things in github and do version control from there, but apparently github doesn’t like the solidworks file, because these are binary file and the diffs(difference in texts between the previous file) are huge. I’ll probably share it on google drive and give you guys a download link.

Dang what a genius! That looks awesome.

It’s only CAD, haha.

Any one have 3D models of the commonly used wheels that you might want to share or have links to files. @JuniorPotato93?

I am going to modify CAD model of the standard caliber trucks to fit the snap-in pulley, but need to design it with respect to particular wheels. Thanks in advance.

Good to see you are doing this hobby a service mate. Seems like everyone is too interested in starting a business here than sharing designs. Dont get me wrong, people on here are a big help in pointing you towards already available products but i feel theres too much marketing and not enough sharing going on for a DIY site. Providing already manufactured parts to those of us who dont have the equipment to manufacture them ourselves is a great deed but i think that the designs should be shared for those of us they want to have a crack at it seeing as they are marketing in a forum about DIY. Just my 2c

To answer my own question, the 3D cad of the abec 11 pulley is available at http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/parts/download-Part.aspx?id=703494&catalogid=171 thanks to @zeinstra.

I made the final pulley and made the wheel mating part to perfectly mate the above model. I assembled them with 180mm caliber truck models. Sure they are short, I was wondering if I can use 184mm caliber 2 trucks. Can someone give provide me the dimensions of the caliber 2 trucks. Just the length of the rod and the length of the threaded part.

I completed a mud guard for 90mm wheels. It will need shims to make sure that it doesn’t rub against the bearings. Also will have to increase the clearance distance so that small rocks don’t get trapped in between the wheel and the mud guards.

5 Likes

Nice man! If it is possible, can you also make it for 97mm wheels? Would be awesome! This one i can use with my 83mm wheels.

How about belt/pulley covers? Anyone has some they can share?

Nice work!

Do you need to modify the wheel to make it fit? When you make the pulley exactly as the inside of the 3d model of the wheel that it will be a very tight fit. I needed a press to make it fit which is perfect for my purpose.

1 Like

I probably will shrink the profile a bit so that it slips in and out using any tools. I am a bit confused the second pic. Did you remove the central portion of the plastic core?

As promised, here are the solidworks files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1q9GisJy4tHN1JiSlZubmVpaUk?usp=sharing

For some parts there is a weird number at the end, that’s the mcmaster part number.

Most of the parts are parametric with most of the control coming from the global variables.

It would be good to see what mods you guys come up with. Please do post them here.

1 Like

Complete seal pulley cover(needs more work)

Section View

10 Likes

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing!

What measurements were you talking about?

Printing the parts for testing/fitting. Waiting for my caliber trucks to arrive.

That’s awesome. Which part? You want me to modify anything first or you already did?

I am printing the motor mount and the cover right now. Should be done tomorrow. Hope the trucks will arrive soon so I can test fit the parts.