We need the parts from the ExWay

Here are the pictures, let me know if you want to see anything up close!

IMG_2846IMG_2848IMG_2849IMG_2847IMG_2845IMG_2851IMG_2850IMG_2854IMG_2852IMG_2853IMG_2855IMG_2856

7 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: So motors are locked by keyway? Those hubs are early version? How did you got them?

There is actually no key surprisingly, though it looks like there should be. You can unscrew the motor from the hangar with that bolt at the end. I’m not sure how it stays put because i haven’t been able to take the motor apart to see.

These are the production hubs and parts that ship with every board. I write eskate reviews on Reddit and most recently ESHQ, and have a review unit on hand. Exway just started selling and providing proper support from their Exway USA distribution branch, and they want to prove they’re using custom high quality parts and such, so they sent me extra parts to look at and mess with. The caveat is I have to send them back which is fair.

4 Likes

In my opinion parts look really good. Thanks for all info! Too bad that you can’t get inside the motors.

4 Likes

I will keep trying. I’m curious about it too

5 Likes

I don’t have paypal, nor do I have a bank card that supports international payments. I am Chinese, and in China we use Alipay. I don’t know how to buy it and send it to you. Does the person here use Alipay?

There is a US distributor based in SF, Sofu do you think its worth it for a hub motor board? My last hub motor was inboard and that shit broke every couple months, riding daily in SF.

That remote looks sweet, has anybody reached out to exway and asked if they’ll sell the remote+receiver separate?

Can the Battery be swapped out if needed? I am sure it will degrade over time.

Yes, it’s easily swapped out. You can pull up the grip tape easily and access the battery compartment. The battery comes out in a strip (?) of pouches.

1 Like

Thanks again Sofu for all ur feedback and review work! :slight_smile: let me know if you think the board is worth it. Had my eye on it since its on the cheaper and lighter side of things

So I haven’t finished writing my review on it yet and I still have a couple power tests to run but in my opinion, it’s a really high quality, well tested product designed with lots of attention to detail and good active support. I can quote a few sections from my review to give you an idea of what I think about it (Please note: It’s unfinished!):

“The remote is just about the best I’ve ever tried as well. I’d say that it’s even more ergonomic than the Boosted and WowMeepOwn remotes as far as these thumbwheel remotes go and the connection has been 100% flawless. There’s only one button, “Button A”, that switches between speed modes, and a debug and calibration menu you can access on startup by continuing to hold down Button A for 5 seconds. A DFU mode is also accessible as well[…]”

“[…] app enables a multitude of options including adjusting top speed, acceleration curves, braking curves, acceleration current (strength of acceleration), and braking current (strength of brakes) for all four speed modes individually […] This is the highest level of customization I’ve seen in a production board […]”

“On the other hand, the batteries used leave much to be desired. Riding in hilly SF, you can hit their advertised 10 miles of range if you stay in speed mode 2-3 and weigh 125lb or below, but you would have to try extremely hard. The battery also sags a lot too, and I do mean suuuuper sags. The remote will warn you about it and sooner or later you will just be limited to speed mode 1. This happens at around 30% and below when going up hills at speed. If you ride along mostly flat ground though, you will be just fine. […] the cruise control mode is not dynamic like Mellow, so you will slow down or speed up depending on incline […]”

“Exway originally sent me a loaner review unit that they told me to beat up on as much as I could to see if anything would break, and nothing did. Now they’re using it on their tour and Instagram photos. […] After a while into my time with the X1, I found myself grabbing the X1 for short trips within SF City Proper instead of my DIY because it’s super light and convenient and just a really fun ride on mode 4 […]”

“Ultimately though it’s up to you. If you’re looking for range and straight up power, this board is not for you. The seismic trucks and nature of hub motors means that customization in terms of bushings and wheels is limited as well. However, If you’re looking for a pretty good power and a short-medium distance commuter, I wholeheartedly recommend the Exway X1.”

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Can you ask them if they are willing to sell remotes and receivers on their own?

What is the diameter of the motor without the sleeve?

Thanks!!!

1 Like

It is 6.2cm in diameter

1 Like

Thanks! sounds good but still want to know how those hubs hold out after a couple months before thinking about getting one. I rode an m1 along the embarcadero daily for commute and had to get rid of it as the motors died every couple months.

Edit if only carvon would deliver them exo pros =/

1 Like

I will ask them!

Edit: They said probably not :cry:

1 Like

I know a guy thats been shredding his for the past year or so (He is an official exway eu seller) they were good when i tried it.

Only thing i personally disliked on the one i tried was the insane concave but it was an earlier model so not sure if it makes a difference.

I have looked for exway factories, they do not agree to sell exway controllers and hub motors.

Define died. Is it due to the strains of SF hills? Rough roads?