Water-Proofing your E-Board?

Has anyone tried to water proof their eboard with a product like this?

I just blew up my speed controller and BMS by getting caught in the rain. I would like to add a non-stick silicon layer around my electronic compartment and was also thinking about spray something like this nano-protect on all of my electronics.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this?

Cheers,

Ty

1 Like

Maybe try this method, it is proven and tested by the RC community.Usually the easiest way to waterproof is to put a rubber seal between the case and the board, and tightening it. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcar+rubber+seal.TRS0&_nkw=car+rubber+seal&_sacat=0

2 Likes

Flite test uses corrosion x and I used it too, to waterproof my voltage battery percentage screen and it works but it also attracts dirt

How did water get into your board? I dont ride in the rain, and i find it quite dangerous.Also my enclosure is made out of perforated metal.So i cant really help you, the best bet is the rubber seal.

So on top of the Evolve GT carbon deck is a screwed in lid that does not have any rubber seal, so I thought I would try to find a non-stick silicon sealant so I can open and close the lid. Not sure if looking for a custom rubber gasket/tape type solution would be better…

Cheers,

Ty

@Rinzler I actually use something very similar around the seal of my enclosure and it works quite well! It does however add about an inch of depth to my enclosure which is already quite close to the ground so take that into consideration.

Also you could use Corrosion X or some other type of waterproofing agent though what I’ve seen work quite well is just covering your electronics in some type of silicone and spreading it over everything.

@tyhuelle just wana get yourself some weather seal comes on a roll,one side is adhesive and comes in different sizes,works really well on the enertion enclosure!
10m Assorted Profile Draught Excluder - EPDM Rubber Draught Seal and Foam for Window or Door (Profile D, Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NJ0W380/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_eCgPzbYWW9M1P

Awesome, that what I will get and do. Appreciate the advice…

Cheers,

Ty

I waterproofed my bamboo with corrosionx

I’ve been told that never wet works

1 Like