Wanted: Longer Caliber Trucks

I actually like the idea of a hex hangar a lot. However, since there are so many Caliber mounts on the market, it’s kind of hard to adopt. It’d make it easier if you offered both mount and trucks at the same time to drive adoption.

I would take a set of longer caliber trucks.

Why fix what ain’t broken right? :wink:

Yea i love the calibers. I just wish they were longer as we all do. more stable

2 Likes

Yea, it’s a bit startling to suddenly lose traction on sharp turns.

1 Like

Shorter trucks actually have more grip

I’ve heard that on the forums but i don’t agree. Shorter trucks lift during sharp turns cutting traction in half. Wider trucks never lift so traction is always on four wheels.

1 Like

True true, but Caliber have their issues, i’m more worried that there would be small variations that make problems for current mounts.

I’m working on my own mounts for a gb and I would do the trucks after/or same time. I think a hex hanger could make mounting even more solid and simple! and with exact specs available a adapting mounts would be cake! tasty super wide carving cake! :wink:

Once they are done, i don’t see why they couldn’t be made in standard and smaller widths for mini/penny builds :wink:

Calibers are the past, and present, But I don’t think they are the future of esk8. imho :sunglasses:

great, only need 96 more pairs. :wink:

1 Like

If you’re serious about it, you should create a Google Form to track all the interested buyers. I’m definitely down for a set.

I would take a set of extrawide Caliber hangers as well. Would these be wide enough to fit two of chaca’s 5065’s on one hanger? If so count me in![quote=“saul, post:49, topic:11906, full:true”] great, only need 96 more pairs. [/quote]

Make that 95!!!

Thats a good idea, i’ll start one now…

btw based on the basic quote i got these should be fine at $60 a set. maybe even 2 sets for $80 for the early preorders :wink:

IF any esk8 sellers are interested in taking part in a bulk order that would help speed up the timeline. Especially if you are outside of the us. for better eu/aus shipping options…

I’m aiming for 250mm hangers so you could fit 2x 6374’s if you really want to fly . and maybe 10mm extra axle length for a bearing in the drive pulleys. Maybe you could mod your designs :wink:

1 Like

I think 8mm additional axle would be sufficient since bearrings are 7mm in width.

I’d be in for a set or two.

I’m actually working on 220mm Caliber Style Trucks. Hopefully, in a 1-1.5 months they should be available.

10 Likes

I remember talking to you about this! Can’t wait!

Do @jinra and I get a commission for these first 5 sales? lol

1 Like

On a current build, I put two 6354 motors dual rear on the wide @psychotiller trucks and plenty of room. And $25 a pair, how can you lose giving it a shot. Lol

http://psychotiller.com/product/200mm-50-rkp-trucks

http://images.ttcdn.co/media/i/product/440380-da90ff4f272d4035a2d4a6c631a23fbe.jpeg?size=2000

1 Like

If I didn’t ready have customer CNCed motor mounts for caliber trucks you’re right it’d be worth a chat but I don’t want to let these go to waste. Plus this would be for my next build so I’m in no rush really. Just got the first one working a couple weeks ago… - Oh dear God what has this place done to me… What an expensive hobby to pick up :joy:

1 Like