Wanted: Longer Caliber Trucks

When I put my board next to a boosted board it was for sure longer. Maybe I looked at the hangars instead of the axle since my hangars are chopped.

Dang so Boosted fits those long 50mm motors on this short of a hangar?

benchwheel does the same thing. 5065’s on a single hangar.

1 Like

Count me in for a super wide truck buy for sure!

But Chaka’s motors don’t fit on one Caliber Truck?

I think it’s how the wheel pulley’s are mounted. I think the pulleys rest over the axle instead of the hangar like with enertion’s pulley.

1 Like

I assume everyone has seen or tried the tracker dart 219mm trucks, while not rkp they are super wide. Even had that custom 300mm fastrack version for quinny stroller.

Actually does anyone know what mounts work in tracker dart hangers?

I think its the small 70mm wheels! next to 90/97mm that diy boards usually have the wheels look tiny, hanger looks wider!

I like how its day time in china right now, might have a lead for custom order.

found this in the mean time. looks like randal style 180mm width flat spots and motor mount flange.

1 Like

Thanks for busting the myth, can you get a few shots of the motor mount while your at it? lol curious how they did it.

This looks kinda like what Mellow has designed.

Orangatang in heat and kegel have 5mm offset you sure it wasn’t that. That would account for 1cm wider

Yea i took that into account. It was probably due to the chopped trucks and my eyes playing tricks on me.

at least you just saved $100!

I think what I really need are standard calibers with longer axles and the means to replace it :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you can do that with ronin cast, but the mounts aren’t out yet… there was an extended axle mod on calibers not too long ago…

Ask and you shall receive. :slight_smile: Just a note though, these are the v1 mounts. I haven’t taken a look at how the v2 mounts work, but I know they’re different in the aspect that they aren’t a spring loading, self tensioning system anymore.

The mounts themselves are held on by a type of glue. Not very efficient seeing as loose motor mounts was one of the v1 owners’ pain points:

Here you can see the grooves in the mount for where the springs sat. The motor slides into the mount and compresses the springs. When a belt is attached between the pulleys, the springs would self tension the belt. This was made possible by some bolts that went through the encoder cap through to the motor through those holes (I think… it’s been awhile):

4 Likes

thanks again! these are great shots too!

looks like cast alu? and i would image epoxy as the glue, the only thing strong enough… i think the new ones would be welded like the pic i put above.

So where are we with custom trucks that are wider? @psychotiller trucks?

Also, @chaka is working on a 107 drivetrain so am assuming that could be bought with trucks, which would also solve the problem…

1 Like

If they have caliber style hangars I’d certainly buy them! It’s funny that there are no options for this on the market currently.

So I found that factory that can do them, they can also do caliber style hangars but should we stay with this? I know caliber are the standard/most options for mounts but it these are made specifically for esk8, why not have some more mount friendly hangers?

This should also help guage interest, an order would have to be 100 pairs :joy:

• Caliber Hanger
  • Custom Square Hanger
  • Custom Hex Hanger
  • Custom Rounded Hanger

0 voters