Video games - trade for *quality* esk8 stuff (SFBAY)

Rare, highly collectible and super fun resto-modded Japanese video game consoles offered in trade for quality esk8 stuff in the Bay area.

Edit: Things I am looking for:

• Landwheel v5 - we bought two and they’re already fighting over batteries lol - need another
  • Kit similar to Meepo Campus 2WD (or similar 70s Alva / modern Penny “Nickel” kit) so I can convert a board from the 1970s for friend who’s having a hard time right now
  • your custom builds of similar quality are very welcome; I respect your work
  • New, long range battery for a BNIB Gen 1 Evolve snubby (2012, believe to be the first in the US)
  • PayPal, shipping, etc. is fine, and me adding $ for any deficit is (thankfully) okay for the right stuff

I designed these to serve as reference systems for video game fans to fully experience video game play in their historically-accurate physical consoles.

All of the top-50 rated games from each system are pre-installed on each respective system, at a minimum, from my collection. Many of the games are no longer available for purchase, or, were never even made available for purchase on certain systems, anywhere. I ask that you uninstall any games your family does not own proof-of-purchase for, please. I promise to delete any stored riding history from your Boosted or whatever in return. :slight_smile:

New-school “Grail” Nintendo handheld: New Nintendo 3DS Pokémon 20th Anniversary Edition, USA version, in box, white, wearing the rarest Nintendo cover plates ever released: Nintento Kisekae Cover Plate No. 050 ( Teresa ), glow in the dark Boo. 9/10 condition as there is a near invisible shiny wear mark on one plate (after a little turbulence over the Pacific).

This system was modded correctly with TikDevil and FreeShop by one of the code contributors of TikDevil.

Factory Dual IPS screens; all 3DS systems come with two types of screens: IPS (nice and bright) and TN (dull and energy efficient). The rarest factory consoles have IPS screens top and bottom.

64GB memory upgrade, like-new in-box with both sets of the Pokemon plates.

$600 trade value (paid $770 - just the No. 050 “Boo” cover plates alone go for $300+ on Amazon, right now).

. OG “Grail” Nintendo handheld: Game Boy Color, Pokemon yellow shell, backlit in Akihabara, Japan (one of the first conversions in the world). 10/10, however, the modders handed it to me in a tidy Ziploc (read: no box).

01515_7ZKpE95jkC6_1200x900

If you’ve ever wished you could enjoy the pixel-perfect color of the latent Game Boy SP in the old-school Game Boy Color form factor that Game Freak designed Pokemon /for/, this is /that/ system.

I doubt there are 100 backlit Pokemon GBCs in the world, even today. Pro tip: BennVenn sells cables if you wish to make your own backlit Game Boy Color (very highly recommended). https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products/backlit-gameboy-color-yellow is the link.

Includes a Krikzz EverDrive cartridge and a 4GB SD card filled with 150 of the top-rated Game Boy and Game Boy Color games ever made, including translations from ROMs I purchased on Etsy.

Everything you need, all in one system. Uses standard AA batteries; carry extras for the modern screen.

$500 trade value. There’s something special about glitching a Gengar in Pokemon Yellow on this restomodded system with its’ modern backlit glory. :slight_smile:

New Nintendo SNES Classic system, modded to include the top 20 RPG games as rated by Metacritic.

A beautiful way to spend a winter break is to experience Chrono Trigger in native HDMI (with scanlines on) on the SNES. Includes some no-name wireless controller I purchased at GameStop (red!). All the RPG greats on SNES are ready to go along with the pre-installed games from Ninty. This system is perfect; I just have an Analogue SNES Mini on the way.

Includes optional carrying case for those who carry… nintendos… hmm. I used to be cool haha. $120 trade value (I’m in over $210 because I’m a fool and had to have it day 1)

New school “Grail” Sony Vita system, Piano Black, Gen 1 OLED screen (considered the best screen of the two Vitas because black is black and there’s no “banding” in OLED; the Vita 2000 is LCD which is sharper and brighter at the expense of making black really dark grey, yet does band at times)

Non-3G model (purported battery savings), Henkaku-modded with the newest SD2VITA card and an authentic 128 GB U3 Samsung that’s filled to the brim with the best Vita games per Metacritic.

For swagger, including an authentic Altus Persona 4 Golden decal for the front (unused, you can stick it on yourself). In box, 10/10.

Persona 4 Golden in Easy Mode on this specific system is considered to be one of the best portable JRPG experiences ever created.

$500 trade value (paid $600)

Old school “Grail” Sony PSP Go, Pearl White, 10/10, *unique item! Restomodded by a licensed Sony Ericsson technician expanding internal storage to a whopping 128GB - filled with the best PSP / Sega games as rated by Metacritic & Reddit, ever.

00R0R_hh5jDNuXp7D_600x450

The PSP Go featured no gimmicks; impeccable design in a pocket form factor that specs-wise blew away the Nintendo Game Boy Micro. In-box and even has the Sony official PSP Go leather carrying case. $600 trade value (paid $900-ish). Might be 20 in the world.

Nintendo Game Boy Micro, /Pink/, 9.8/10 console (the cardboard box is 5/10) replete with Krikzz EverDrive and the top GBA games as listed by Metacritic.

I picked this up in Spain at a charity auction (we were expecting very little because the box is beat) yet inside was this little gem of a system with a European charger and a rubber band. :slight_smile:

This Micro also includes a Krikzz flash card, a US-based charger with tons of Gameboy Advance titles; Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a true joy on this system.

$300 trade value

btw: if you’re wondering what a Krikzz cartridge is (I was once there) it’s a physical cartridge that accepts a Micro SD card.

They’re at Krikzz.com - you can load all your games to your SD card, pop that SD card into the Krikzz cartridge and presto - your entire collection is available from one cartridge. Reminds me of the original iPod menu; super simple to navigate by scrolling up and down, select and start your game.

Not super interested in selling these consoles but if anyone wants what could be the best 4 handhelds available for sale on the planet I’d happily take a Raptor 2 (and wouldn’t we all). :smiley:

Kidding aside, I’m learning all roads lead to Raptor. Le sigh.

Also for trade:

Like new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (AT&T, no box, demo) Like new LG V20 (AT&T, no box, demo)

Please PM. :slight_smile: thanks!

Edited per instruction: added suggestions, thank you

6 Likes

If you feel that’s how much they’re worth, I don’t see why you couldn’t just sell them and use the money towards esk8. The end result would be the same.

2 Likes

Thanks, my friend. In all humility, I’d rather see these systems trade their way to fresher hearts than to see another 1099 from PayPal. :wink: Sincerely appreciated!

1 Like

That has to be the sexiest 3DS I have ever seen! GLWS.

1 Like

I should have known it would be you selling such nice items @topcloud. I remember seeing this when it came out thinking it was cool, but having no context of what you actually have your hands on. I’m just entering the world of retro game emulators and modding handhelds. Planning on building a gameboy pocket zero. Of course you have the nicest devices. That psp go :money_mouth_face:… I hope you ended up keeping these, they’re too sweet to trade.

1 Like

I did! even added a couple of rare finds, here and there. :slight_smile:

Pocket Zero is great, a perfect introduction to emulation!