Vibration damping / Suspension / Whatever you want to call it

They are 97X52mm flywheel clones. The durometer is “SHR80A”.

@highroller unfortunately the 4"mini go cart tire is the rim diameter. My wheels were spinning, bummer.

Bummer. 10chars

Yes it is. Quality motors are rock solid.

1 Like

Well, at least I won’t worry that much now…

Alright, I ordered these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-8mm-Soft-Skateboard-Riser-Shock-Pads-Shockpads-Black-/311732217122?hash=item4894b02522:g:mBoAAOSw5cNYGA1~

At least I can’t go wrong with these… :slight_smile:

Any further suggestion is highly appriciated!

Oh, sorry! I admit I didn’t look very closely at it. Are you sure scooter wheels or similar wouldn’t work?

Like others have suggested - your motor should be fine. They are pretty robust and unless you are physically impacting/hitting it on stuff - it should last a good long time.

Vibration and comfort riding is a pretty big deal in my experience. I like to avoid big risers for wheel clearance (instead run boards w/ cutouts for wheels usually), but i almost always run some thin shock pads - soft rubber to help absorb some impact/vibes.

Biggest difference i’ve found is good soft duro wheels, and the larger the better for cracks and rough roads. My favorites are the legit 97mm flywheels in 75a duro. B U T T E R ! ! ! (super soft/smooth). Hard to find lately and stupid expensive… I also have some clones that work OK, but there is a noticeable difference.

A flexy deck also helps a ton. I have a vanguard w/ 80mm kegels (also a nice soft duro and riding wheel) and it absorbs the bumps really well - but the flex is a PITA for battery placement and keeping stuff firmly mounted underneath.

HTH - GL!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Now I am a bit more confident. I will be searching for a soft wheel, but until than, this should be fine. I don’t think the flexy deck will happen, but huge thanks to all of you guys for taking the time!

ehh… Any success with Avenue longboard versions coming up, with ‘normal’ truck mountable trucks’ base part?

Where did you find those springs you can put between the trucks and the board?