Vibration damping / Suspension / Whatever you want to call it

Yeah, I know that, but I think that if I hit a bump, the motor will have “space” to move, (like the springs) and it might help a bit. (I may be completely wrong, so correct me please.)

You mean that you don’t want that you motors take a hit from ground? And eletronics can handle vibrations wery well. For example just protect them with some foam.

The motor doesn’t hit the ground. The impact comes from the wheels going into a crack, or hitting a bump.

Do you think the motor is fine, and I shouldn’t worry about it?

A 90mm pnumatic wheel would be bitchin.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m not english, so I don’t understand that fully. Do you mean the community would need a wheel like that, or you are saying it’s stupid?

1 Like

Don’t worry, he loves the idea :wink: Anyone here feel like designing one?

Oh, thanks! :joy: BTW, just found these in another vibration related thread: http://www.shop.gbomblongboards.com/GBomb-DD-R-Deep-Drop-Regular-DD-R.htm They are expensive as hell though…

Okay​, I think I understand how those are supposed to work. Maybe you could make wheels out of really dense foam rubber? Or moderately soft silicone rubber? Both of those would soften your ride very well, but also slow you down a lot.

I don’t think I have the ability to make wheels, but it is strange, that there are no alternatives out there. Also, speed is not a problem, I gladly sacrifice some of it for smoothness.

I like the high density foam idea. The RC car manufacturers use this concept. It has a tendency to create friction and break down under heat. I think your best option right now is to find a really low# durometer tire to suck up the vibrations.

Alright. Thanks! I guess you don’t believe in those spring risers…:slight_smile: I will try to find some magic tires.

Maybe if you make some kind of a rubber truck riser out of a rubbery material :astonished: was thinking bike inner tubes cut to the shape of the base plate and stacked to a nice height :grin:

nfor a guy on a budget, shock plates.

@jbalint1122 a pic of your current build would help us to understand your setup. What about @psychotiller’s new sixshooter wheels? They are 6" pneumatics that fit on regular skate trucks. Or modified Skikes?

I have bad roads where I live as well, so I use pneumatics and they are great.

Ok, so: @Rinzler In this thread users tried, but had mixed opinions on DIY rubbery truck risers. But thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind.

@MoeStooge Thanks a lot! I will definately check these out!

@treenutter These are some interesting options. I will look into them, and reply, when I have enough knowledge. Thanks!

Oh, and here is my setup: (The enclosure will be vacuum formed, but the ABS plate hasn’t arrived yet.)

1 Like

I have no idea if these will work, but they go down to 4 inches: http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominitires.html Also, legend tells of a 5 inch tires hub motor designed by none other than the Great Jason himself!

WOW! Those look amazing. If only I could get them to work with a flywheel style hub…

Ok, so I looked into them a bit: The sixshooters and the Skikes are both pretty expensive. This wouldn’t mean I am over them completely, but combined with the fact that it is hard to get them working, I don’t know…

what duro and dia are these wheels?