VESC6 Cost and Who is It made for?

The plan is to boycott Trampa and their vesc6.

3 Likes

shit i didnā€™t know thatā€¦ f meā€¦ i should i have gotten 2 on black friday when they were on sale :frowning:

I get that part their vesc is insanely priced and really killed my wallet which is why i got on board with @stewii after he started making clones from the open source released schematics. I just thought thatā€™s what enertion and others were going to do when the reference design is released by BV. But i guess if people are saying FOCBox is a beast already that plan isnā€™t necessarily the move they want to take

i make a lot of educated guesses about Enertion, and occasionally, iā€™ll even post my guesses. Most of them i keep to myself though because i know theyā€™re right, they end up being right, and it would have made them look bad or possibly inconvenience them had i said something at the wrong time. ITs a precarious balance of knowing and wanting to say but not knowing if i should.

but i will simply posit the following based solely on what i have seen in public and nothing i know from being an insider: Enertion will have a motor controller that is not only closer to the 6 in hype as well as type, but will surpass it in performance. Raw amps and erpm performance. If i had to call it, iā€™d say late 2018 we will hear something beyond guessing. What makes me say that? Jasonā€™s Tick Tock is akin to Intelā€™s. Tick on new, Tock on stock. Heā€™s already ticked through ESC, sleds, drive systems, and component accoutrements. Next will be his Tock on those supplies, and that has already started with his newish vendor program. Tick will be returning soon enough, and the place in my opinion to tick the most will be the ESCs super beefed for offroad hill climbing as well as on. Heavier everything in there for more amp throughput and more safegurds against accidental electronics death. Thereā€™s already video out there of their fine engineers showing us, the consumers, how to deliberately fry things and then how they addressed the problem that caused it.

If they have no plans on this, then theyā€™re probably thinking of cashing out the company and retiring for cocktails.

7 Likes

Nobody need the reference design :wink:

2 Likes

Now I get itā€¦you guys donā€™t need any of that ā€” we will release reference design for VESC6ā€¦ itā€™s all Kabuki theatre from Trampa to make everyone feel good.

Enertion gonna crush em with this new product when they come out and their vendor distribution network and their field testing. Really sad that Trampa just went the way of making a very expensive product and not follow thru the same way with a reseller program and decent pricing. Instead they choose to copyright, hoarde the trademark, and go it alone.

I canā€™t wait until 2018ā€¦ I like what you guys are saying. Really exciting times ahead it seems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish I could like that post a thousand times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

sry I meant Vesc manufacturer. My english isnt the best. I dont think it should be the vendors or customers problem in general to seperately compensate the developer of the product for his work. Still nice of you to do this.

Well I talked to a guy who knows BV personally and he was sure that Vedder doesnt get a dime from Enertion. He did not want to be paraded around on the forum. If you dont believe me, just ask Vedder himself!

Concerning Trampa: Is 300$ single piece for a pcb with some components a lot? Hell yeah. Is what Trampa is doing with the Vesc6 cool? I donā€™t know. Not sure I even understand exactly what they are doing. What I do know though is that they actually make sure the guy who worked on creating the product for years in the first place gets a fair cut. Their company further developing the thing in cooperation with Vedder makes sure this can actually become more than a time consuming hobby for him. He made the whole thing open source, software under GPL because he believes in information being accessible and that everybody should be able to contribute. I donā€™t believe his plan was having large companies use his technology to make big bucks without working with him and I think this is also the reason he and Trampa are starting to TM etc because next thing we know some large ebike, ecar, whatever company starts producing vescs and using them for free solely for their own gain.

its no fucking secret who ā€œthat guyā€ is. I have a PM iā€™m presently ignoring from ā€œthat guyā€ right now.

iā€™m in a severly pissy mood so please, lets all fight about it. Iā€™m dying to sink my teeth into someone.

2 Likes

Is it @thisguyhere ?

3 Likes

tā€™aint me

12 Likes

All I know for a fact is that itā€™s Ben and the Vendors job to work that out, not me as a consumer.

Saying that @onloop has never given Ben a dime is a pretty loaded way to make a statement. He may have paid Benā€™s rent or bought him groceries or paid his taxes. Who knows. If Ben has an issue that he thinks should be public, then he should be over here talking about it.

Iā€™m sure there is a story there but noone but Ben and Jason know what it is.

Regarding your statementā€¦

Thatā€™s cool, I even respect itā€¦but Frank has not taken any steps to.protect me, as a consumer, from an overpriced piece of equipment that I, and most people, donā€™t need. And to be totally honest, Ben kinda sold us all down the river by partnering with Trampa/Frank.

I donā€™t have a dog in this race, Iā€™ll buy what I wanna buy and wonā€™t buy what I donā€™t wanna buy. Iā€™d rather see money and time go into the v4 VESC (yeah I called it a VESC, sue me) that the v6 as the v6 has no measurable benefit to me, as a consumer.

I wonā€™t buy from trampa for the same reason I donā€™t buy from Walmart, I donā€™t like bullyā€™s in the marketplace, and I exercise my limited power button not trading with those companies.

Iā€™ll just leave it at that.

7 Likes

Maybe he is too modest for that. Who knowsā€¦

I just commented because I love the open source and donation based development movement and get kinda sad when I get the feeling that this is being taken unfair advantage of. I dont do any dog racing either and tbh I also just bought a bunch of Focboxes because they seem to do the job well. Still I will deffo send BV some beers :smiley:

Will try to be a part of a nice Vesc6 group buy some time in the future to get them at a more affordable price.

Whatever. The HW 6 can be built and worked on for improvements. You guys just need to step your game up however you like.

Iā€™m freakinā€™ biased in what I think and I donā€™t care, here are my 2 cents :

FOCBOXes and successors damn better be fine tuned and reliable as many people including me were sacrifices on the first shitty choices made by Jason and Jacob when starting VESCs production with Flier back in the days.

I mean : I literally threw away my money for defective unwarranted VESCs 4 units which needed repair even before use. Not ranting again on the fucker who was supposed to repair them but finished destroying them instead and ran away with my money.

So enough already with the fan service guys, it is just normal that it delivers reliable performance. The contrary would be fucking bullshit.

Whatever performance level you aim for, reliability should remain the first criteria. Period.

9 Likes

Was there a point you were trying g to make? I cannot see it.

Yea, to sum it up : given how the project went awfully pre-FOCBOX, FOCBOX better be a well rounded product. If not thatā€™s bullshit.

Was kinda answering on long insider shot of LHB.

As for hw6 and what not : files to work on it / develop on it are available. Reference design isnā€™t needed for electronic engineers, sure. Itā€™s simply up to people to choose what theyā€™ll do with it.

My 2 cents.

3 Likes

We previously offered a very traceable and transparent way of earning $ per FOCBOX sold, BV didnā€™t register any interest.

We also offered a substantial lump sum contract to BV to bring VESC6 to market at affordable prices. Offer rejected

Iā€™m happy to contribute, I have some innovative ideas too, Perhaps I could ā€œtaxā€ sellers of ā€œVESCā€ labelled items who freely use this forum to promote their wares. That seems fair.

$XXXX per month forum access fee for anyone who sells VESC named items, Iā€™ll donate this sum minus administration fees to BV.

Who is still leveraging VESC to sell their wares?

9 Likes

@koralle [quote=ā€œmmaner, post:113, topic:26862ā€] Iā€™m sure there is a story there but noone but Ben and Jason know what it is. [/quote]

The message above contains, at the very least, part of that story. I have ling suspected that labeling Ben as the victim here was short sighted and not entirely correct.

would be nice if he just came out and explained what was going on then all this guesswork would not be necessary. I assume there was a reason for him turning these offers down. The reason not being that he is a jerkā€¦

1 Like

I totally fuggin agree. If Ben would come.out and squash all this nonsense it would all go away one way or another. I will say this, he couldnā€™t have chosen a worse mouthpiece if he was high.

2 Likes