VESC-X will now be called "Enertion FOCBOX Motor Controller"

“listening to the wind of change”

Benjamin needs the Mark, that is fact. No intentions to play funny games, locking stuff down, creating incompatibilities etc… Relax, sit back, no worries.

We, Trampa will probably never sell the cheapest HW, we take what we can eat, not more. We specialize in top shelf stuff… Expect to get what you pay for…

I hope the funding situation for the VESC Project will get a bit better now. All vendors and users should think of supporting Benjamin as good as they possibly can. He put a lot of effort into the new code and there needs to be some fair renumeration to keep up motivation. You have absolutely no clue how much work it was!

I’m glad some vendors also see the chance to build up their very own brand, based on good reputation.

Frank

@longhairedboy : Be sure to update your text too! - > “Going to be pushing the limits of your board on a regular basis, get the VESC-X.”

thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

So does that mean its guaranteed to work in FOC mode without DRV issues ?

I’ve been using the the beta version at 12s on FOC for almost 7 months with zero issues

2 Likes

Are you going to donate to Benjamin Vedder ? The “focbox” is still a vesc at heart.

@onloop i spotted 6 pins beside the Cap that have no connections. is it the JST Connector PÜlace for Debug/programming ? I managed to erase my bootloader so I’m not able to change firmware anymore.

could you tell me the pinout of the debug/programmer pins on teh PCB please

I’m sure @Blasto or @JohnnyMeduse could help you with this.

the pinout is wrote on the PCB…

a TM application in Au starts the ball rolling at just over $100, by the time it is gazetted it is close to $500 if you don’t have objections. This depends on the mark type and class(es). From there you can apply to the “madrid protocol” for mass application in other markets or you can apply to each one individually. Au is small the cost is low, bigger markets often cost more… I have applied for a little over a dozen marks with a TM attorney and filled 2-3 times that my self.

The Au TM search engine ATMOSS

Once you apply you can claim the TM (pending), but it will take at least 6 months or so…

1 Like