VESC-TOOL Mobile

Ah, see I didn’t even know it was capable of that. I only have experience with an HM10 module. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the trampa dongle and vesc-tool app quite a lot, never has connection issues like the HM-10 modules ive tried has. However i miss a logging feature in the app that saves all the data from each ride so you can go back and see top speed, wattage, consumption etc. If i’m not completely blind It only logs the data in real time, any information if this will be added in upcoming FW updates?

1 Like

Possible. One thing after another (-: Now that the APP is working sweat like a dream, there is time to think about it. Vedder and i banged hard on many things in the last months, including the remote. That alone was quite a bit of work.

2 Likes

those modules don’t need custom firmware. my point is that software which requires a specific piece of firmware on a specific piece of hardware serves no purpose other than locking people into that hardware. The idea that optimized encoding for something simple (not easy, simple) is a pretense. It’s funny that the author doesn’t like apple, considering he’s adopted apple’s exact business model :wink:

@trampa

My phone only seems to record while the screen is on. I have played with background app settings etc but can’t get it to record apart from the start and end of the ride while I have the screen on.

Any ideas?

Voila!

I have found the logging to never saves the files and you have to manually set the destination folder and start the logging everytime you connect anyway.

RT data is mostly usless while riding as Im not going to look at my phone all the time. Reviewing logs with GPS co-ords is way more helpful.

I have found the same.

so the mobile app is open source too?

So just got the mobile version hooked up, got stuff setup and learning how to navigate it, how do you have it read out mph instead of km/h? Thanks jimmy

There is no button yet, but you can cheat it a bit by entering a wrong wheel diameter.

example:

8 inch wheel =198mm

198mm /1.60934 = 123mm

By entering 123mm instead of 198, you get miles instead of Km. The display will still show Km, but you will know its miles.

Benjamin will ad a feature to switch from metric to imperial soon.

Frank

2 Likes

Does this module connect to the same physical port on the vesc, as where ADC 1 and ADC 2 needs to be connected ?

Yes, COMM. But you would use RX/TX and not the ADC 1 / 2 / 3

Okay, so i have to split the wire (comm and maybe 3.3v/5v ) in order to use them at the same time ? The link dosnt work at the moment : http://www.trampaboards.com/vesc-accessories-c-1468.html But this is the same module, that works with the wand right ??

And the vesc tool have a log function now, and real time data like til metr app right ??

We work on that!

Frank

it looks like loging file must set to sdcard but i have no sdcard slot on my phone. Screenshot_20190614-140213

or i do something wrong?

ups forgot the app permissions

Awesome! Thanks for the reply!

Jimmy

I get the same message if I try to select that box. I went in and gave the app storage permissions but still get that notification

click choose log file and select a folder (Downloads) this works for me.

1 Like

I’ll give that a shot! I also just found out I can put an sd card in my phone also. first android and it’s only for this app hahaha so still learning how it works and features lol