VESC-TOOL Mobile

Yeah imagine if your software had a bug that you knew how to fix that prevented a large percentage of your user base from using it. Then you just told people rather than fixing it to just buy different $500+ electronics.

I think if Vedder could figure out the legal side he could rely on someone to help him test/debug the ios implementation, obviously it can’t be too insane if it only took you a bit to get one semi-functioning. I can’t imagine there would be a huge outcry against a careful dual license to enable app store distribution and maintain GPL everywhere else. Licensing isn’t my area of expertise though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is this new VESC tool software compatible and work well with the Maytech VESC?

Hi, Benjamin always assures max compatibility with all Hardware revisions. Latest Firmware for all Hardware revisions is included. It’s lots of extra work for Benjamin to make this happen. If you like the App please consider to give Benjamin some support.

Frank

Hey, I’m confused: which Bluetooth modules besides the trampa one work with the mobile vesc-tool, and what exactly do I have to do to get them to work? I have one of @JLabs modules which I’m hoping I can use with this.

Our modules have a custom Firmware, written by Benjamin, and they have the correct connectors and pin connections. So that is plug and play for our VESC 6. We ordered more connection cables so that you can connect them to any HW 4.xx ESC (plug and play). Cables should arrive within the next weeks. You can also use the current cable, get yourself a female JST-PHR 7 Pin connector and pop that onto the cable ends. A needle does the trick to get the individual cables out of the 8 Pin connector we supply. No big issue, 5 mins job. Frank

Besides trampas bluetooth module you could also use Metr Pro that works out of the box with the VESC tool. It comes with a cable so it is plug and play. You can find more infos about that module here:

The other option would be to buy a “standard” nRF51822 module and some sort of programmer on eBay/etc. and flash it with Benjamins firmware like it is described here: https://github.com/vedderb/nrf51_vesc

The standard HM-10 modules will not work with the mobile VESC Tool.

1 Like

Hi Hexacopter, did you incorporate Benjamins FW into your new module?

Frank

No. With Metr Pro we are using a different chip (not the nRF51822) that is running its own written firmware.

I Know that you use the NRF52 series. I was just wondering how you make it compatible to VESC-Tool BLE if you are not using Benjamin’s initial FW code base.

frank is sniffing for blood again…

8 Likes

Frank, did you know that it exists a french town called Vesc ??

I may help you to write a letter in French to sue the mayor until he changes the name of this (sin) city and gives attribution to the VESC Project.

If I can help making the world fairer and better, count me in. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

They are probably more into farming and tourism than making motor controllers and software (-;

woosh? :laughing:

1 Like

So what is the consensus on an IOS version?

As long as Apple doesn’t change its App Store policies iOS versions are not GPL compatible. Since Benjamin published his code under the terms of the GPL, iOS users have an issue.

It’s possible, someone just needs to build it in Xcode and release it

1 Like

is there any more information on this somewhere?

It does not work with HM-10, which is super slow compared to NRF 52xxx Bluetooth 5. Get a proper dongle, which will last you for ever. This is your bridge to the App and the remote and upcoming equipment.

lol what a waste of time, next we’ll be having to flash our network cards or buy specific ones to access the internet. How bad is this software that is requires a custom firmware on a bluetooth module?

2 Likes

Is this some ploy to force people into buying an overly priced bluetooth module through trampa? $35 for a $5 module?

1 Like