VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Hi Frank, do you have a link where one can find previous versions of the vesc tool? I need the version supporting 3.29 firmware in order to tune these BMS’s configuration.

You will have to ask Benjamin on the VESC-Project forum. A direct Link is not available. Do you need the executable for Windows or Linux?

Frank

Windows. 10 characters

Send me a PM with your e-mail.

Frank

Is there a vesc tool for mac?

Thanks to @rpasichnyk there is!

https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases

1 Like

Sooo did anyone ever figure out why the breaks are so much weaker than BLDC tool on same settings?

i got no prob with break. im with acmaniac ver. and also og vesc tool. no problem. i set batt min to25

so im running the newest firmware avalable from VESC Tool but i was wondering if there are any apps that support this yet? the best that i have found is @Ackmaniac app in which some things work and some dont. are there any apps that work properly with these firmware’s right now?

What does not work on @ackmaniac FW? I’m running it and have no issues whatsoever

Im having issues updating the firmware in the new vesc tool software, after it keeps telling me that i need a programmer to do it, when i do fw update in old bldc tool, i have no issues updating. im using a maytech vesc with bootloader installed in it, i dont want to use achmaniacs software, just want to keep it simple. any suggestions would help.

1 Like

Have you tried to upload the new FW?

Frank

1 Like

Thats the issue, Im having issues updating the firmware in the new vesc tool software, after it keeps telling me that i need a programmer to do it, when i do fw update in old bldc tool, i have no issues updating. im using a maytech vesc with bootloader installed in it, i dont want to use achmaniacs software, just want to keep it simple. any suggestions would help.

Actually it should work, so something is funny with your bootloader.

Frank

What should i do, any ideas?

Ideally you want to get yourself a ST-Link V2. They cost 3-8$ on eBay.

Frank

i’m gonna order one, thank you. In the old bldc tool, when i setup F.O.C mode, what battery settings would be good for cuttoff and end cuttoff for a 10s2p 36v (max. 42V)?

for all 10s liion batteries: start cutoff 30V end cutoff 28V

I would say 3.1V cut off (hard cutoff) is healthy. If you go lower, battery life will suffer. At 3.1V the cell is 95% empty.

Frank

Negative. It depends on the cell but for 30Qs 3.1v cutoff is 75-85% depleted depending on current draw, 2.8V is 85-95% depleted depending on current draw. The more current you draw, the sooner you’ll hit the limit because of voltage sag and the less percentage will be used.

3 Likes