VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

After you uploaded BLDC tool firmware from vesc-tool, did you try uploading vesc-tool firmware again?

Iā€™m getting confused here bro, You mean uploading the Vedder Firmware 4.12 (from Github) twice using VESC tool?

You said uploading file from GitHub didnā€™t work. So it might be possible to upload old BLDC firmware just so you can get the option to switch back to vesc-tool 412 firmware.

What I tried is to upload the old BLDC firmware which I downloaded from Github, after uploading it I couldnā€™t select a different hardware just 48.

Ussualy when the firmware is uploaded the VESC reboots itself and you are able to connect in this case when I upload the formware I get disconnected and itā€™s not possible to connect unless I cycle the power from the battery, I wonder if this could cause a failure in the firmware upload.

After I cycle the power I can confirm the FW wasnā€™t uploaded succesfuly.

I uploaded original 2.18 FW for HW 4.10_4.11_412 I uploaded ackmaniac 2.54 I uploaded ackmaniac 2.53 I uploaded ackmaniac 2.52

Non e of them worked

Did you try with st Link programmer?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing right now, Iā€™m trying to find the instructions on them. Furtunately I have an ST Programmer here with me

Focbox fried?

Hey @Titoxd10001 thanks for your help! Thanks also to @Surfer

I was able to recover my VESC via the ST Link programmer, Iā€™m so happy o bought it from eBay months ago, I might need it sometime, I said a while back.

Weā€™ll the issue was, once you program the incorrect hardware version you wonā€™t be able to go back to an older firmware, when flashing the firmware you will also flash the bootloader, an incorrect bootloader wonā€™t let you flash an old firmware, do you get stuck with a bricked VESC.

The solution is to program an 4.12 FW with a ST-Link and after successfully installing the FW, flash the the Hex file which contains the bootloader, at the beginning o tried to flash the bin file FW only but couldnā€™t update the firmware so after flashing the Hex file everything went back to normal.

Finding the procedure to connect the st link was not easy, I had to watch a video from Jared and then find out the pinout to connect the ST-Link to the VESC, you just need to connect 4 cables 3.3v, GND, SWDIO and SWCLK, all commercial VESCs have these pins labeled at the back of the board, so donā€™t look for a pinout online, you will loose time as me, just plug them with the supplied wires.

2 Likes

Strange you had to go through all those steps I was able to change firmwares from vesc-tool. Thought the wrong firmware was the reason your board caught fire

Those firmware issues were on my Vanguard build, itā€™s running good now.

1 Like

The website seems to be offline to me. Are you guys able to go on it?

Every time i try that site its always offline

Damn that sucks. Does anyone have a copy of the latest FW for HW4.12?

Benjamin installs a new powerful server. The site will be online soon.

Frank

when will the reference hardware design be relleased?

To Frank and Benjamin.

vesc-project.com is down another time.

It seems that the new server didnā€™t solve the problem.

Hope you will find a lasting solution.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Itā€™s still on the old one. Online soonā€¦

Frank

1 Like

When it is back online tonight itā€™s on the new server and fast fibre connection.

Frank

1 Like

I just want to confirm the procces of uploading a bootloader to a VESC without a bootloader.

Which version should I choose? 40 & 47 and so onā€¦ or the 60? Then, I should just hit the download button?

I tried to search for an answer but couldnā€™t find one, I donā€™t want to mess the VESCā€¦

Thanks!

Trampa is only maker of ver. 60 @ the moment