VESC PPM input mapping

Using Dual FSESC 4.20 Plus and VX1 remote and running FOC with 2 BLDC motors.

I go to setup input > Master VESC > PPM RC receiver > PPM mapping. I also turned on RT app data as instructed. When I push and pull the throttle, no data is displayed on the “VESC Tool” and “From VESC” bars on the Pulselength section. Remote, receiver, and motors seem to work fine when I hit the throttle outside of the setup. I keep going to “General” to change “APP to use” to PPM instead of PPM and UART, but it doesn’t save that option, if that’s a relevant problem. Could be the firmware too. I don’t know if I bricked the VESCs, but I have to keep manually rebooting to setup the input when it tells me the firmware is out of date, even though both VESCs are up to date on v3.61. Currently reinstalling VESC tool to hard reset any settings and see how that works out. Anteing else I should be aware of to resolve this issue?

is your receiver plugged in through uart or ppm?

you also have to click ‘write app settings’ in order to save the options.

Fixed the problem. I was previously using the reciever cable included with the remote. Switched to the ppm cable with 3 pins coming out of the vesc and it seems to have resolved it. Ty

Hello,

I have the same problem.

How did you solve? I do not understand exactly above your explanation.

Thanks.

Using the same parts above, if you’re directly plugging in the bluetooth module via UART without wires, use a manual CABUS cable and plug it into the adjacent UART ports. This doesn’t require any manual app remote configuation