VESC Monitor Android App

I think right now average only means the average in a single run A global average might be a good idea though - maybe one for every board

1 Like

thats exactly what iĀ“m looking for!

Now i understand. Thought about it already. But need to find the time to program something like that.

2 Likes

Hi you can also flash a custom ROM up to android 7, have a look:

If you want help on that just let me know

1 Like

Can you explain me what it is and how to do it, in simple words, because with IT things Iā€™m dumb ?

I have old phone, but that bustard still works like charm. Anyway it is samsung SII, model number GT-I9100 with android version 4.1.2.

So you are saying that I can still use that app with my phone, just need to change something in my phone?

in simple words is like reinstall windows in your laptop, but this time in your phone, this is a unofficial version of android, custom operative system by lineageos. is not difficult to flash a new rom, but you have to think what you are doing and follow properly the steps if you do it wrong you can have a nice brick instead a phone. And of course all data will be deleted, just like fresh start. back up! here the link for the ROM https://download.lineageos.org/i9100 here just a random video tutorial from the tube:

custom Recovery: and the last Odin, the flashing software: Good luck!! And if you need help, you know

Orā€¦ :grin:

http://aokp.co

2 Likes

But if your old Android phone doesnā€™t have the Hardware for Bluetooth low energy it wonā€™t help at all.

Thanx guys @Surfer and @SeanHacker, Iā€™ll do it if my phone have the Hardware for Bluetooth low energy.

@Ackmaniac Iā€™ll check if my phone have that low energy hardware, but iā€™m not sure where I should lookin, but will see :wink:

Looking to install this in the next day or two. If I connect the HM-10 to the slave VESC-X, can I save new modes this way, or do I need to connect it to the master VESC-X? Ken

You can connect it to the vesc but then you have to activate ā€œConnect by can to IDā€ and enter the controller ID of the master.

EDIT: found the app and downloaded to my new Samsung Galaxy Express 3 phone. Only $50 at Best Buy, and the had android phones starting at $20 that were version 5.1. I spent the extra so I can add up to 128gb memory card for videos

Thanks! I canā€™t find the APP on google play. Iā€™m signed in, added a payment method, and Iā€™m ready to go. I even downloaded the App permission that you wrote, as well as the vedder monitor app (by mistake). Clicking on your above link wonā€™t find it eitherā€¦it keeps asking me to retry.

Just search VESC on Google Play and a bunch of apps come up, incliding the one you want.

Just released a new Version of the app. i added a Tripmeter/Tachometer which records the driven km, used Wh and Ah and some additional information of all your rides. There are 3 Trips and a total available which can be selected by the button on the top right. To reset a trip you need to press long on the screen. then you will be asked if you really want to reset the trip. By this you can record the total driven kilometers of your board, km since the last charge or km during the entire day. Just reset the trip whenever you want to start recording from scratch again. If the Total Trip getā€™s deleted then all other trips will be deleted as well. So this only should be done if use the module in a new board.

You can select the ā€œBoard Infoā€ Screen via the settings Menu.

14 Likes

Looks good Nico!

ThatĀ“s awesome! Thanks for that. I get my new board running, test this next week and of course drop some moneys at your paypal :slight_smile:

Great !! We talked about that months ago and thought it wasnā€™t planned. So nice you coded it, thank you very much ! :slight_smile:

Hi! Here is specifictions of my phone, des it have that bluetooth low energy harware? http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-3621.php

It has Bluetooth 3.0. So it doesnā€™t have Low Energy features, sorry.

How did you determine the values for battery setup? I have a Samsung 25R 16850 (2599Ah) 10S6P battery pack. Best I can determine is itā€™s Wh is 540. Nominal charge is 3.6V and full charge is 4.2. Do I start with Battery 100% at 4.2 or 3.6V? What should 0% battery be?