VESC Monitor Android App

It’s not connected, click “connect” on the top right corner. If it’s connected then you can see “disconnect” at this place. But also sometimes I get zero values even when it’s connected, but that’s seldom.

Yeah, @mmaner helped me get it sorted. That didn’t work. I had to delete the app twice, then shut down my phone completely. Then I got it going again. Weird.

2 Likes

Haven’t checked in awhile, has anyone gotten the android app to work with Metr Pro ble chip and ack 3.101 FW? I can get it working with Amy other BLe app on iOS or android but not the ackmaniac android app. Connects but doesn’t display any telemetry no matter what. I had given up and just use Metr app but would like to get this working if anyone else has it work?

Hmmm Refreshed the settings on my focbox through ackmaniac for the third time, and it started to connect and give telemetry to both the amazon bought hm10 and the psychotiller one no problems

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0140R8DGQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

https://psychotiller.com/product/mccloeds-blue-tooth-modules

That was…weird. And my phone is a pixel 2xl with Android 8.1 latest on it

A couple of people are reporting issues with the latest Android 8.1 Need to google a bit, maybe i find something.

Yes apparently Google added some Bluetooth security stuff in 8.1 that the real deal hm10 is ok with but clones aren’t able to deal with

@Ackmaniac do you have plans on open sourcing your app? I want to give it a material design face-lift. It pains me as a ux engineer to see holo themed apps out in the wild.

1 Like

That would be cool. I don’t see the app becoming open sourced, but I can’t speak for the dev himself… But I do want to voice my opinion here, a facelift to modern looking UI would be sweet :slight_smile:

Regardless, it works, it’s functional, so I have no real complaints.

Hi

From where I can download the older version 1.111 The new version 1.114 does not download data from VESC

My phone is LV V20, Android 7.0 VESC 4.12, firmware 3.38

What do you mean by “download data”

No data updates: voltages, temperature, etc.

Maybe it’s a problem with my phone, but version 1.111 worked

I don’t know if it will help, but mine did the same thing for a while. Connected but no telemetry. Have you tried completely deleting the app again, restarting your phone, then redownloading the app? This fixed my issue.

Yes, I did everything you wrote … :frowning:

I will try to install the latest version on my second phone

1 Like

Has anyone tried to run VESC Monitor with BT FlipSky?

Yes, i did and it didnt work. Installed ackfw, baud set to 9600, no luck. vesc tool mobile worked.

2 Likes

The App is not working for me also. I tried two galaxy s8 phones, pixel 2, and galaxy s4. It connects and disconnects. I’m able to label a name for it. when connected, it shows No Data info, same picture as the one displayed five posts above.

@Ackmaniac Any way you can fix this and update the app?

On another phone, the application works perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try to delete the data of the app. Then delete the app and reinstall it. Maybe reboot the phone in between. No idea where this is coming from.

I got the same problem with the app. Yesterday i had the 3.4 Fw, i could connect to the app but nothing displayed, metr worked fine. Today i updated to your 3.102 Fw. Now the app just connects and disconnects every 2-3 seconds. Now i have the issues with the metr app aswell, displays as connected but everything is 0. Bluetooth device name is Metr-576. I tried TPC connection with both apps and i get this in ESC Tool “Could not read firmware version. Make sure that selected port really belongs to the ESC.”. Andoid version 5.1.1

I tried options above: delete app, restart phone

trying to find a reliable app to use so I can monitor my board and also make changes. I thought I finally found it, but after install (samsung galaxy s4) it keeps showing the bluetooth connection window asking me to name it, but every time I try, the screen disappears and another replacement screen pops up. I can get around this by repeatedly hitting "ok’. Managed to start setting up info for battery, etc, but the app just keeps crashing. I have tried to delete, restart then reinstall and the same thing keeps happening. Also found that if I try and set up a mode, it says that no ESC is connected. Frustrated as I have tried to find an app for my iPhone with no luck so I went out and bought an Android just for this reason. Any help would be gladly appreciated.