VESC Monitor Android App

does the phone ask you to send the error report? Please do so if that’s the case.

There was an option “Feedback” after crashing (the second was “restart app”. I just sent it, hope that was what you meant :laughing:

OK thx. It takes a while for google to provide me the information

1 Like

Anyone got this working on a Samsung Note9? My iPhone connects to CC41-A Ble module but my android phone won’t find it.

Read previous post. Your age using a clone module. Your specific one is not recognized by Oreo. Flash the HM10 firmware on it or get another compatible clone module.

Oh thats the same issue? And it has to be loaded through an arduino? I’ll have a look at the arduino forum like you suggested and see if I can fix it.

Yep you need an arduino nano or uno. Here the link https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=393655.0 You find a video on YouTube if you search for it (like how to flash HM-10 firmware on…). I do it for the bluetooth module I sell and they work just fine.

2 Likes

It wont do with a CP2102 breakout, usbasp or similar? I don’t have a arduino that’s not seen magic smoke around atm :S

1 Like

You need to load a script with Arduino IDE, which works on 3 pins on the arduino. If you have the same schematic and you can load the program it might work. I have arduino nano e uno for oter project so I always used them.

Doesn’t look good… The connections was as following but I don’t have anything remotly close to that on mine. CP2102 is usb->uart and usbasp is for programming Atmel AVR :S Wonder if one of those fried arduinos could work anyways

Arduino D4 to P18 (Reset) Arduino D5 to P21 (DD – Debug Data) Arduino D6 to P22 (DC – Debug Clock)

https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/

Yeh I would suggest to get an arduino nano clone. You find them at 2-3$ on Ali. Otherwise buy another module. I have some left wired, plug and play if you do not find the right one. If you can wait then I would say get the arduino and flash it. An arduino is always useful for different projects.

I found a board finally :smiley: It’s supposed to be an arduino. Can I flash it with those one?

http://www.myrcmart.com/micro-minimosd-kv-team-mod-arduino-1g-15x15mm-p-8875.html

1 Like

I guess you will have to change the script before load it. You need several pins that I do not see on your board.

The script loaded at least but the pinout might be a problem. I’m on thin ice but if I remaped “int DD/DC/RESET” in the script to the pins available on my device and then provide the board with supply on vcc/gnd would that do the magic trick?

It should work. The second program you need to run it in the terminal windows. It will just tells the arduino to load the firmware as it’s programmed so if you change correctly the pins layout in the arduino script it should work. At the end almost all the pins on an arduino can be input or output.

btw. any reason it can’t be done like this?

http://www.martyncurrey.com/hm-10-bluetooth-4ble-modules/#HM-10-update%20firmware

This option wasn’t published when I started flash mine. Didn’t know about it. It should work too

I can’t get it working anyways. I tried first with the voltage divider without cheking signal levels at the pins and it didn’t work. When I checked voltage at the TX pin it was 3.3V so I removed the voltage divider and it still didn’t work out. Also tried with realterm and there’s no response at all when I send those AT commands :frowning: Guess arduino is the way to go. Just have to figure out how the pinout is on the one I got.

I guess so. To me to much complications when you know that something works. Get an Arduino nano clone (cheaper than uno clone) some jumper wires and that’s it.

Do you guys ever lose telemetry? I fired up the board this AM and the board came up in red in the app as normal, but it won’t really connect I guess? I don’t get any telemtry. I tried to resatart the board and and the app, but same thing. Shows up, but when I click on it, it doesn’t fully connect or something… anybody know anything to try? Nothing has changed since last night when I was on it Screenshot_20180902-135752_ESC%20Monitor