VESC Monitor Android App

I think metr modules have some sort of protection that might get erased once you update the firmware. i thought it was mac-address based but if you have problems after updating then the protection might be just programmed. Did you change the name to its original form?

I also tried this process but it didn’t work for me with the module I had. Basically the process fails when I run the firmware update in the terminal. I get this error:

Waiting for respond from Arduino… No chip detected! Upload Failed! File closed! Comport closed!

Anyhow here a video explanation that always helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3491-v8Og&lc=z23nwhdxqsf5svdu5acdp43brk0rmcash2ctnjuwrmhw03c010c.1527327978908921

Check the wiring. I had this issue as well because I swapped 2 wires.

@Maxid, Sure, I changed the name. I also checked that UUID didn’t change. You’re right, some settings should maybe be tweaked to allow the comm. with the app.

I still have the pictures. I have tried at least 15 times, with 3V, 5V everything…if you find the error…then I love you :rofl:!

I was thinkg that maybe the module I used has a different diagram. It was a classic HM-10 clone CC2541

Here was my setup :

1 Like

the only difference I see is that I used the pins of the breakout board to power the module instead of solder the jumper pins to pin 12 and 13 of the module as you did it. I do not know if it matter, but I will give it a try. @Maxid did you also follow the same scheme? meaning soldering the jumpers on the 3.3V and GRD ports on the module and not using the male pins of the breakout board. The same one that you use whe nyou prepare the module to be connected to the VESC.

Thx for the help

That’s how I did it

1 Like

Yeh same I did it. I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Well, for metr module, I powered it up via connector (5V from Arduino). I used a little software instead of terminal. Check my link above.

Honestly your wiring looks a little sketchy to me. Did you try sending AT commands? Did that work? I’d clean up the wiring and make sure everything is soldered properly. I also used a different ccloader.exe called CCLoader_x86_64.exe. Did you try it several times with for example an Arduino reset it between? Maybe the old “turn it off and on again” works here as well.

@moderators : I feel like we went quite a bit off-topic here. Sorry @Ackmaniac. You guys should probably move this to its own thread.

OK I will. No off topic anymore.

Feel free to discuss this. Great when you can find a easy and reliable way to do it so that others can use the app again with Android 8.0 Didnt find the time to give it a try myself yet.

1 Like

Thx man! 10ch

Tested it myself and it works. You don’t need to solder the wires to the pins. Just take a needle and make a little hole at the pins. Then stick the wire in and hold it in place with your hand or with tape. Of course I fucked it up the first time by mixing up 2 wires (like a curse, happens every time). And I had the problem that I couldn’t use my original ports 26 and 37. Seems only low numbers are accepted so I had to change it to the number 2 in windows device manager.

2 Likes

Did you upload the sketch to the arduino? Just make sure it had no faults during writing

Yes everything works until I try to upload the firmware to the module. I will give it another try for sure.

Just check again your connections. Should look like this image

1 Like

Yes I know. I watched the video and read the tutorial 20 times. I think I maybe made weaker connection by soldering not properly so I will give it another try.

Just released a new version 1.101. Trying to automatically reconnect in case you lost connection in a couple of seconds.

3 Likes

Sweet. I was wondering, maybe it’s already like that but when you want to detect fault in the app and the Bluetooth it’s connected to the master VESC, does it actually check for faults also for the slave VESC or is it only possible for the master side? Same question in case you connect to vesc tool via TCP and move to the slave VESC via CAN. Thx