VESC Monitor Android App

No problem, my pleasure. I though we mostly use them with your app, so in that way we can support your work.

Do we have a supplier in Germany that is knkown to work well with Oreo? I don’t want to wait weeks for the china one to arrive.

Just released a new Version 1.99 Before when you were connected to the ACKMANAIC-Tool via TCP and the app then you couldn’t see when you were writing the settings. This bug is fixed now.

4 Likes

Tested it out and now everything works…fantastic. I can connect, move tot the slave vesc via CAN. I see the motor and app writing. The only thing that doesn’t work for me is the motor detection, the part of BLDC detection. I mean the motor spin and everything but I do not get any value out of it. I just wanted to report it.

will have a look.

1 Like

just released version 1.100. Motor detection works now as well.

5 Likes

Fantastic…I will try and let you know

Tried…now everything works properly. I did moto detection, ppm mapping ecc… all fine. Thx a lot!

hi,

so just to make sure i got it right… I use OSX so use the bldc tool and flash this bin file

“VESC_Ackmaniac_Mod_2_54.bin.cpgz”

then i can make the changes via BT after redoing all motor detections and setting initial values?

thx

No you can’t because it won’t work with 2.54. Only with 3.100, 3.101, 3.102 of you want to use my firmware mod or the original vesc-tool firmwares. So more or less everything that as a 3 at the beginning.

1 Like

@Ackmaniac I’m having some trouble on a Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android 8.0). I used the app for a while and it run perfectly, but after some time (sorry, can’t remember the version), it only seems to work right after it has been updated. It works once, then it connects but doesn’t show any info. Trying to check for faults yields the message “ESC not connected”. Clearing cache and data app doesn’t help either. Thanks for all your hard work, I hope you can point me in the right direction!

I also have Xiaomi but mi5. I found that the app runs way better if you give it all the permissions. I do not know if with Android 8 you meant that your phone has actually Android or if it’s like mine that runs MIUI which is based on Android. If yours is the second case, then go into permission and allow the app to work in background and give it all the rights.

Thanks for the idea, but my phone runs stock Android (it is included in the Android One project, Xiaomi only makes the hardware). I’ve given the app all the permissions and I actually can see a fixed system notification saying it is running in the background, but still doesn’t work.

It was wothed a try :wink:

Just decativate bluetooth and activate it again, or restart your phone. If that doesn’t help then ???. Maybe check if the app is deactivated in the list of apps that should be optimized for battery life.

Sometimes i had the same Problem… couldnt connect properly to my board.

The following worked for me:

1. Turn on remote
  2. Turn on app
  3. turn on board
  4. connect to the board

Tried all that, still problems. My GF has the same phone and the behavior is the same. Maybe more Android 8 crazyness? Thanks anyway, please let me know if there’s any way in which I can send you debugging info.

So is there a 3.xx bin file somewhere? Or do I have to use your tool which is only for PC? Cuz I dont see any bin files in the newest folder on Dropbox… Unless I’m missing something

I just wanted to inform you guys that a non-working HM10 can be updated to one that is recognized by Android Oreo. I just tested it with a CC2541 clone and my Galaxy S8. Once updated the phone is able to find the module again and it shows up in the app. i have not hooked it up to a VESC yet but that seems trivial now. All you need is an Arduino and the following steps: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=393655.0 I used an Arduino DUE (because it already runs at 3.3V) and soldering the three pins was the most time consuming part (so all in all it really only takes a couple minutes). So I am off to update my second module :smiley:

Edit: second module successful :+1:

2 Likes

Did worked for me as well, using this link : https://blog.yavilevich.com/2018/04/should-you-throw-away-your-cc41-hm-10-clones-now-that-android-8-is-here/ I did updated metr.at module as well, but for now the app doesn’t seem to find it (but could be app restriction also, need to investigate more).

2 remarks though between clone FW and official one :

• AT commands are not exactly the same
  • State pin isn’t affected to the same CC2540 IO (but who cares ?)
1 Like