VESC Monitor Android App

I’ve been writing a couple of times about not getting KV reads in the terminal of the Ackmaniac-tool, so as the feature was implemented with the app I thought I’d try it, but unfortunately with the same disappointing results =

it just says measured kv: 0.00 rpm/v. ERPM reads are fine when checking for that, but not kv. I’ve tried this on both motors (running dual focboxes).

Any thoughts why?

Because the motors need to spin to detect the kv. So just speed them up, release the throttle and immediately enter the kv command while they still spin. the value you will see then needs to be devided by (number of magnets/2). So when you get 1330 then devide it by (14/2). 1330 / 7 = 190

If you have a 6374 190kv motor then don’t be surprised when you get a value in the 170kv range.

Yes, this is what I’m doing getting 0.00 rpm/v

full throttle, 50% throttle, release throttle with motor spinning… weird

I tested on different PC, but basically I can connect easy via TCP but I can not read the configurations present on the VESC both motor and app. Do you have any idea why?

Post a video when you try to connect and read the settings. That might help.

So I tried with another pc and this time it worked. Perfect. I see the parameters but if I try to change them and click write the motor configuration it doesnt do anything and if I check again it still have the old value.

Second thing I tried the KV detection. I get 634 rmp/volt and my hubs have 20 magnets so I get 15 KV when should be around 75. Did I do something wrong? Thx

Its magnets / 2. So 634 / (20/2) = 634 / 10 = 63,4

And with the write i also saw the the green Text at the bottom right doesn’t appear with the write. But in my case the write worked. Just change a value, press write maybe multiple times and then read to see if it changed the values. Think i know why it doesn’t appear but don’t have the time right now to spent time on it. So maybe in the next days.

Thx! I read the formula too fast :laughing:

I will try again the writing function. Thx

Update: With me it does,t work. App vers 1.98 I can connect to pc via TCP but I only get the green text for connection but not the ones that tell about read motor and app conf. Indeed I do not see the value present on the VESC anymore. Moreover after 3 minutes connected the app crashes.

May I ask you something. I have dual hubs motor, 10s3p 30Q battery and I set a max watt of 1950 watt (9752) with batt max 30A, motor max 50A motor min -45 and att min -6. Now my question is why I always see in the telemetry chart that for instance I get 1400 watt (7002) out of it? the batt current never go more than 40A (I guess is times 2 in the app so 20A per VESC) and motor current reaches 45A (so 2.25A per VESC). MAybe it is just the physical system limit for my motor and battery. I just would like to ask you your opinion. Thx

Tiny little suggestion on the android app :smile: When changing the screen resolution, the infoboxes won’t follow. Would be nice to have them staying full screen all the time or adjustable in options.

What does the 9752 in brackets stand for. Do you use a BMS that might limit the power output. What firmware do you use?

A watt max of 1950 doesn’t male much sense when you your battery max is at 30A. Because with a 10S battery that is fully charged you will get a voltage of roughly 36V under load. And 36V * 30A = 1080. So the max watts can’t be reached in any case and battery max sets your limit.

How do you try to reach max power. By doing full throttle at full speed?

Wrong typing it means 1950 watt from the sum of two vescs (975 watt x 2). My bms is a 60A constant current with burst current at way higher A. So should be fine. I thought the max watt would be the sum of the two motors and vescs. I am running dual hub motors, so 30A on each vesc and 50A on each motors.

Settings lookok. How do you test the max power output?

From the ride logs.

As you can see even at full throttle I am far from my watt limit. Maybe are the motor that can not perfome more. Although they can not decide it, they should give until death :laughing:

I know @ElskerShadow is running a simili set up on his spud deck. Could you please check which value you get with the same hubs and almost same currents settings (of course you have telemetry in that board). Thx a lot :grin:

When you only answer half or none of my questions it is hard to help. So to make it easy please make a video with the app. And try to reach the maximum power output in the video by accelerating, braking and accelerating again. If you are already at full speed and do full throttle you can’t reach the maximum performance. Especially when your board does 35 km/h max.

And please don’t full this thread with problems that are not really related to the app. Feel free to open your own topic.

Ok I will try. Sorry I though the ride logs could help.

Donations sent.

I can do that for sure!

1 Like

Sweet :grin: thx a lot man!

No i see you started sell BLE Modules with the possibility to leave a donation for me. Nice idea Thx a lot.

1 Like