VESC Monitor Android App

Hey i have a little problem with riding modes. I set my default mode on bldc tool with normal values for my setup and it works great. But as i was about to add a different mode through your app, in this case “POLICE” mode, the wheel and therefore the motor spins in the opposite direction. So the board goes backwards istead forward like in default mode. I’ll leave the screenshot of my settings here.

I guess you use your remote in the wrong direction. Which one do you have?

Benchwheel, and no, i dont use my remote in the wrong direction :joy: I push the throttle forward to go forward.

Can you change direction of the throttle commands in the remote? If yes then do that and change motor direction in the vesc settings. And yes, your using it in the wrong direction. For the vesc you go backwards when you press forward at the moment.

I don’t have that button to change the direction on my remote. I set my defoult values on your bldc tool so why does it work on defoult and not when i set it through the app. Either way, even if i set it up as current with reverse, it doesn’t matter which direction i push the throttle it will always go backwards. So pushing forward, the board goes backwards, pushing backwards, the board is still going backwards.

And who the f**k said OK to this?

Different speeds for the wheels can occur on the bench but not when weighted. Test in ride !

I was testing it while I was riding. Anyhow I solved. I had to figure it out the exact number of the motor poles.

Hi @Ackmaniac, I just wired up the HM-10 and installed your App. I’m running Android 7 on my cellphone.

here are my problems

• The APP crashed if I select the “Modes Setup” (just sent you the feedback anda data log on crash)
  • No data is retrieved, even though the module is connected.
  • If presson “?” + “chack for Faults” I get " ESC not connected"

could you pleas help? I would love to use your APP.

Giuseppe

No, I’m talking about the speed rotation of the wheels; not the speed of the board :

You said : “I made a video and basically the left motor spins faster (master VESC with uart module attached) than the slave. This thing doesn’t happen to me when I ride in the let’s say full power mode. Here the video, I couldn’t go full throttle without weight because the motors start rattling”

1 Like

Ah sorry It has been a while ago. At that time I just noticed this behavior on the slave connected motor side once I use to set the watt really low. ANyhow thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Maybe try to uninstall and install again to fix the Mode problem.

Tried that…it didn’t worked

Do you have a single or dual drive setup?

If dual, is the uart connected to master or slave? If slave, make sure the option to "Send Status To CAN:0) is selected, provided your master is set to 0 in BLDC tool of course

SORRY SORRY GUYS

my bad, I didn’t activated UART with the correct baudrate

Good to know that the app crashes when the baudrate is wrong. Never gave that a try.

Maybe you should have a look in the tool at the ppm values to find out what is going on. Hard for me to understand what is going on. Maybe make a video which shows the live values in the tool.

1 Like

ok so i should write it as a default in the app and then read it in the vesc tool and check for ppm values. if so, i’ll do that this weekend.

Wait so the original HM-10’s that you linked from awhile back won’t work with the Pixel 2’s?

Right, because they were clones from China.