VESC Monitor Android App

Yes they can both apps can connect to the separate bluetokth modules and read data and change modes :). Just search “clone app” on the play store.

Ah yes, I remember you had pointed me in that direction before. I do have a couple of beta vesc 6 as well as few Ollin VESC that I would need to install your FW to. Probably this weekend, so just to clarify I can try this with the beta vesc6 w/vedder FW already installed (I have not updated it in quite awhile) or I need to install your FW on my Ollin VESC HW v4.12? Also to double confirm which version of your firmware should I use with the Ollin VESC?

You can use Version 3.100 on both.

Ok great. As I already have dual beta vesc 6 up and running on a build and just need to add BLE, will the test work with existing new Vedder HW for some reason or need your FW 3.1? Rather not change variables if possible lol.

You need Firmware 3.100 to try the mode change

Im still trying to figure out why motor temp isnt displayed on my App. Any tips?

Which temperature does it show in the realtime window on you pc?

As far as I can tell, the app really dislikes it if it is connected to the board, and you power cycle the board without hitting disconnect. It doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does, it hangs, goes white, then the android “App has crashed” pops up for like .5 seconds. I have to force stop it and re-launch it to get it to be able to re-connect it.

Verizon S8 FocBox hw 4.12 fw 3.1 (? sounds right?) with a HM-10 bt le Switching on/off with Vedder anti-spark.

Edit

Did it again, no errors on vesc. The app froze and in trying to get out of the app, the crash dialogue popped up and disappeared before I could hit the submit report.

Edit #2

Timeline- Ride the board with it connected, turn off board, go to class.

After class, turn on board, look at app and it is in this state.

(Picture Below)

Attempt to hit disconnect and/or Back (leave that "Board’s app in screen) causes the app to freeze and eventually crash if not force stopped.

After force stopped, open it and it works as normal.

2 Likes

Both were visible as different colored lines in the VESC tool 3.26. I belive in yours 3.100 as well, but Id have to disassemble the board to check now.

How does the App deal with uneven dual drives? I have two different motors with two different gear ratios and have even set different amp settings for each of the VESCs. This means I can’t just multiply values by two right? Is there another way to know what both VESCs are using in terms of Wh etc.?

You have to connect by can to the slave then and read the values individually and calculate them yourself. But at least my modded Firmware gives you the chance to define different amp settings for each Motor so that they run on different Power.

Can you connect the Bluetooth module to the slave vesc and use all the Features like to connect it to the master? @Ackmaniac

Went for rides today and have to report that the app does not work for me anymore. The app does not connect to the module even though I can see it in the overview. Got it to connect twice in around 40 tries with app and phone restarts in between. Using V1.62 on an S8.

1 Like

Since average wh/mile is saved can you use that to estimate range when barely connecting and then after riding a bit it switches to wh/mile during the ride like normal. Would be cool if we can manually set wh/mile it estimates range when barely connecting to

Also the white logo/notification I’m unable to close it when the app freezes. I have to force stop it every time which takes a bit of time. Is there a fix for this.

If I walk away from my board it will freeze pretty much guaranteed

2 Likes

Is there any chance that I can extent the range of the blutooth connection? Antenna or somehting like this?

What HM-10 do you guys use with the VESC? Is a cheap one like that working ok ?

Buy this one, @Ackmaniac provided the link somewhere and it works flawlessly…

1 Like

Thanks ! Super cheap, that’s perfect.

1 Like

I talked about this problem long time ago and still exists for me. I’m the only one who has this strange colours in videos? It only happens when I choose Video Layout - Left and Right. My phone is an Samsung Xcover3 - Android 5.1.1

Video Layout - Left - has no Problem

Just released a new version of the app which hopefully fixes the main error for crashes. Please let me know if you still have trouble with the new version.

2 Likes