VESC Monitor Android App

I just tried it with Samsung galaxy s5 mini and it works so it is definitely a phone issue :confused:

1 Like

Thx for the quick test.

TI am using a R1 HD BLU. Android 6 security latch level June 1 2016

And a Jelly Pro Android 7.0 security patch level sept 5 2017 Kernel 3.18.35

Same problem with both. Does not recognize mode change. Is there any other way to select change modes by app as I am out of android phones for now lol

Using v1.59 of app

Try to reinstall the app. If i remember right one guy fixed it by that. The problem is that the Bluetooth low energy integration in the firmware of the smatphones is sometimes bad. If you have the chance please try it on another board (not the raptor) with my new firmware mod. If it woks with the new firmware then i know how to improve it. Sadly i can’t test it myself because all my smartphones work with the app.

I want to say a big thanks for the app, i love data! Its been very helpful. I appreciate the amount of work that goes into making an app. You have saved me many days of work trying to write one myself!

Using z5 compact, latest updates, genuine hm-10 with crystal.

1 Like

Damn this app is amazing @Ackmaniac! It works great but I think I have a bug in the Default panel. It says my Max km/h speed is 227km/h. I set up 10S with 40T WHeel pulley and 15T Motor pulley with 90mm wheels. Tried to search in this topic but couldn’t find anyone with the same problem. Any ideas why?

Because if no max ppm is set in the PPM settings then the VESC takes 200000 ERPM as default. Now worries, it’s all good. If you don’t want that the VESC does limit the speed then simply set the speed to like 100 km/h (a speed you can never reach) But most people will recognize that it feels a bit like hitting a wall when you reach max speed. So i recommend to set the max speed to 2 km/h more then you can reach. Because modes which are defined by the app will start to reduce the pwoer 10% before you reach max speed. By this the power get’s slowly reduced before you reach max speed which feels much smoother.

Just released a new version where the motor temperature is visible if temp sensors are installed in the motor. It only works with the firmware since version 3.xx

If no temp sensor are installed you will see the average temperature as before.

Would be great if someone who has temperature sensor in the motor could make a video. Sadly i don’t have one myself.

3 Likes

Just renamed the app to AKMANIAC-ESC Monitor according to the Trademark Policys

2 Likes

I updated my app, have 3.100 FW on an FOC box and temp sensored motors (Carvon V3’s), but the motor temp does not display on the App or on the video during recording. It just has a Theta undernrath the mosfet temp. Ideas?

I have updated to 3.1 on my FOCBox (hw 4.12) and I can no longer connect to the vesc. It says connected, but instead it doesn’t show any values or anything. I have un installed and reinstalled the app. This was working perfectly on fw 2.54, but I mistakenly thought I did need to upgrade to 3.xx but now the app won’t show anything.

Nothing except the Fw version has changed, but that shouldn’t affect it since you had just said it was updated to work with the new fw version…

Thanks

Check that you use PPM and UART as control mode or UART if it is the lave VESC and also set a baudrate of 9600.

That would be it! (ppm -> ppm + UART) I swear I checked it, but I’m still not used to using the esc-tool and where all the settings are. (I really do enjoy the modified bldc tool, but there doesn’t seem to support 3.1)

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me how to change modes using the app? There doesnt seem to be an apply mode button.

Click the top left box (the one with the Max W and such, to the left of speed) That’ll make the popup for selecting the modes that you set u using the pencil/edit button

Click here. And if you press long on that box you will be asked if you want to use the actual settings as the new default.

Thanks,

But how will the app know which of the modes I want to use?

It lets you choose one of your modes.

Yeah it took awhile for me to get modes working on my phone. Don’t worry about defaults and long press, you need to confirm that a single quick press of mode box brings up a menu of modes to choose from and that if you click on it then that it then populates the modes box with right values. If that works then you can set default etc but need to get mode change working first. That was a problem on a few android phons I tried.