VESC Monitor Android App

Is there a way to change the y axis limits in the plotted graph? Two finger pinching only changes the x axis on my phone and to have a look at for example the battery voltage the y axis limits are way too big.

@ackmaniac loveing the app, dislike the frozen / disconnects. But that is andriod.

I wanted to know how others have set up for the raptor2, max/min for this and that.

Also is there any way to log controller inputs as I have been getting some gliches. When crusing the poser drops offs with no change in throttle position. I have to go to idle then apply power which is slow in coming then blasts off. Scares the hell out of me. Any help thanks

I have yet another feature idea: When changing the modes there should also be the option to change batteries. I have a 10S Liion, a 6S Liion, a 6S Lipo and a 7S Lifepo battery at home and it would be great if I could switch them out during a run without the need to have a computer with me to readjust the low voltage cut-offs.

3 Likes

I second that idea. This would be awesome for the build I am currently doing where I have interchangeable packs of same s count but with different capacities

Why would you need the feature if all you change is the capacity? Voltage cut offs only need to be changed when switching chemistry or S count.

Yeah i know. But why would we want to have the feature of changing driving modes when you can change the amp limits Just saying it would be nice to switch batteries by clicking on it instead of having to remember and type the amp. Maybe the statistics could be stored for each battery to compare them also

Simply because a mode is not only a matter of amps limits but also ERPM limit, control mode, custom throttle curveā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Battery chemistry. Correspondence between volts and percentage. Capacity. I would even suggest a max amp limit to adapt to different capacities and discharge rates. Whatā€™s your point?

I have a damaged CAN port on my Dual-Focboxes. So out of need i use servo-split cable now. my question now: the only option to really monitor both VESC would be two bluetoot modules, right. but how does the app differ betweend the VESCS then ?

greets Notger

The app will detect this as another Board. So if you want to change a mode sou have to connect to both vesc individually. Itā€™s just a bit annoying but this way it is still possible to change modes

Is there some sort of security or can everybody with this app connect to my board and change my settings?

Iā€™m going to test this with a Raptor 2 and try to shutdown the brakes or something while the other person is riding it, this is potentially very dangerous, at least a password protection would be good.

I think this was talked about before. Nobody will be able to connect to your board as long as you are connected before. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m adding a switch to the 5v line of the Bluetooth to turn it off when I dont intend to connect my phone

1 Like

Any chance you are working on an IOS version?

@Ackmaniac Quick one, have my Raptor 2 up and running, had to reprogram a new replacement rear assembly so used the Enertion version of BLDC for settings now written to VESC as default mode.

Now using the Ackmaniac app works fine for viewing live data, video logging etc, but not able to write any of the other modes (example advanced, pro, etc or custom I built). I am pressing the mode box (showing default settings) and get the choose the drive mode screens and pick one by pressing but only returns to same main screen with same default settings.

What am I missing, does the Raptor 2 not come with the modified firmware allowing changes to be made from app (not just BLDC tool)? I am able to switch between FOC/BLDC (and already did motor detection calibration for both) from the app by long pressing the Mode box to get overwrite default settings screen, so it seems to be able to write to VESC for that. ??

I have the same problem where I am not able to actually change the mode. I click on it, the box disappears but it still is set to ā€œdefaultā€ I am using 2.54FW 4.12HW and V1.59 of the app.

Where do you have a graph in the app :open_mouth:

Seems like it is your phone. I had same issue, sometimes I needed to long press even up to 10 times to get it to pick my desired mode. So I tried with my girlfriends phone and issue is gone. So my phone have some issues with blue tooth low energy. Try with different phone and also make sure it is different model of phone. Donā€™t try with Samsung J3, it has issues.

GRaphs are in modes setup if you pick a mode to edit and then tick box use special throttle curve etc

Arghhh let me try and see if phone is issue though using two phone android already and no luck lol

I just tested it again and it is working as it should. Could it be that you made a firmware update of your phone? And which phone do you use?