VESC Monitor Android App

hey @Ackmaniac, what does orange color on the block header indicate?

That you reached the battery cutoff start. When you reach the cutoff end it will turn red. By this you see that you touched a limit. The temperature box also does the same. It means that the power getā€™s reduced to stay in the limits so that the battery doesnā€™t get over stressed and that the VESC itself doesnā€™t overheatā€¦

2 Likes

Yea now that you say it, itā€™s obvious.

Is there a way to backup setup info /modes /trip info to migrate to a new phone?

Same problem here, any update on this?

1 Like

I also have noticed this. Im using the galaxy S8 plus and 3.26 fw.

1 Like

Quick question Anyone have the app properly running on android 7.0 My phone wants to update but Iā€™m not going to allow it if i risk the app Thanks

No worries, itā€™s compatible.

Works fine.

Thanks. I will update then

Just released a new update which should gives a better VESC-Tool Firmware support. For the VESC-Tool Users i recommend to use Version 3.28 because there a UART bug has been fixed.

I also added a better battery support so that different battery types can be choosen. (Li-Ion, Li-Po and ANR26650 (A123) and Costum). Li-Ion are adjusted for Samsung 30Q Batterys. Just spent a lit of time to get a good preset for each type. But still each one of them can be adjusted individually.

Also fixed a bug for the warning notifications when the battery runs low.

11 Likes

I have been having an issue with the app. Both when I had android 6 and now with 7. Occaisionally (I havenā€™t been able to find a common reason) the app freezes. It will show the frozen values on all boxes and no information in the notification bar. And if I close it and open it again it will show an empty screen work no Bluetooth devices to connect to. I have to open app administration and force close the app. Any clue why this could be happening?

1 Like

It crashed a lot for me as well (Android 6 and 7). Just updated to Android 8, Iā€™ll give a try this evening and report.

Does anyone know why my range would stay at 0?

1 Like

Also the app crashes when I try to delete a board, just after I type ā€œDeleteā€

Just released a new Version where the Range and the Delete Bug is fixed. Thx for the info.

1 Like

Just released a new version of the app which asks you to disable the battery optimization for phones with Android M or higher. That hopefully fixes some issues that people have with more modern smartphones.

3 Likes

Any idea why I canā€™t scroll through the settings in the mode setup?

Sorry misreading the labels!

Brake setting is Motor Min :blush:

No sorry. No idea and first time I hear that. Do you have a modded firmware?

Edited my postā€¦ Sorry

I was looking for ā€œbrake maxā€ and should have been looking for ā€œMotor minā€ Doh!