Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Valley Ranch got pregnant :joy:

1 Like

Now port this to android please! it looks so awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

I have no idea at this moment. It’s weird I flashed 3.38 brand new and it works fine on mine. Baud setting is correct at 9600 too. The only thing I can think of that can affect communication between the two is the Bluetooth module

Anyone else running 3.38 or 3.39 able to write their settings??

Haha I don’t have an Android phone to test :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

@twan awesome man! it works perfect now.

1 Like

You can get a crappy one for like 50$ or run a emulator on a pc :smiley:

I know it’s quite clearly spelt out in the title “w/ HM-10”, but I’ve not been able to connect this app to my nrf51. It’s just another BLTE device and uses the same serial/VESC communication protocol so I can’t imagine it’d be a lot of work to support; more just that you may be filtering out devices that aren’t HM-10s (?) Right now I see no Bluetooth devices when scanning.

The nrf51 allows you to connect straight to the VESC Tool, and supports a higher baud rate (115200). It’s quite nice being able to do wireless firmware updates/etc.

2 Likes

Is it too late to download the beta? The link to download give me an application error page…

2 Likes

hmm, true, I will look at how to allow nrf51 to work with it also.

@Adam0311 fixed!

3 Likes

I’ve downloaded the app (thanks!) and connected right away, but it won’t display any data. The firmware icon turns green…

I’m running: iPhone 7 = IOS 11.3.1 Harware = 4.10 Firmware = Ackmaniac 3.101 On Vesc-X

The baud rate according to ackmaniac’s tool is 9600

Any advice on a solution?

Did it display the vesc version next to the icon?

It did not

Usually when this happens it means the app connected to the Bluetooth properly but the Bluetooth module could not communicate with the vesc usually caused by different baud rate between vesc and Bluetooth module.

Is there anywhere other than the pics below to change the baudrate?

Disregard, got it to work!!! No idea what changed, but it suddenly started working.

1 Like

Hey guys, any suggestions for lifetime stats!? These are the ones I have, dunno what else to put.

5 Likes

Average length/time of ride

1 Like

Nice! Lifetime stats! How soon will we see it?

2 Likes

Sweet! Maybe the ability to evaluate battery life through time ? Charge cycles ?

• Or something like notes/logs every 250km or so(or at custom interval. Where you can save current battery lifetime, current stats - a bit like when you take your car for an oil change, at 1200km - battery life was X % , you had ridden board for X hours, and had X charge cycles.
2 Likes

@twan - for a future challenge - !

Would be cool to take it to the next level and use the accelerometer in the watch / phone to set a trophy system, let me explain:

The app could evaluate riding style through GPS and accelerometer data and give out points based on that. Think of a snowboarding videogame like example. For instance you could divide trophy points into 3 different categories - Carver, Speed Demon, Explorer.

Carver - users would get points based on carving stats, g-force, speed, etc. EDIT variable would act as multipliers - think NFS drift mode - lenght of carving streak * speed at which user carves * width of carve * aggressiveness of turn initiation

Speed Demon - pretty straight forward, speed is the word. (0-30mph accelerations, straight speed runs, etc)

Explorer - trophy points are awarded for long distance runs and total distance travelled milestones.

It could have something like the rings on the apple watch with daily goals and completion status.

Community opportunity for users to appropriate themselves to a particular riding style. Room for events and bonus features on given days or locations.

Cheers!

5 Likes